Knottie Tech Help

Question about a post deletion

In the Vegas forum we have a member who had a very bad experience with a hair and makeup vendor.  The vendor had an agreement with this customer on a price, service, date, along with a time and location to show up and perform said service.  The vendor did not show up, did not communicate with the customer and later claimed it was the result of a car accident, but day of, hours after the scheduled appointment, the vendor was texting to see if the service was still desired before any mention of the incident and no explanation or apology for not being in contact.  The customer attempted to communicate by phone in response to the texts but the vendor would not answer, only respond to texts.  Obviously if the vendor really was in a car wreck, anyone would understand, but you'd also expect that as soon as communication was again possible it would be a phone call explaining the situation and apologizing, not a text asking if you still want your hair done.  She posted the play by play of this ordeal on the Vegas board and included screen caps of the text messages in question.

Apparently the post was removed for 'slander' of that vendor, although it was not spoken communication to begin with so I'm guessing the intended word was libel.  That would of course suggest that what was posted was false information, yet the text messages seemed to back the story up, unless they were of course doctored images.  If that was the case, then I would think the proper course of action would be for the vendor to undertake legal action and TK to ban the member for falsifying information.

I'm curious if I can be made aware of what the actual reason for the removal was so I can educate others on the Vegas forum about it so they know what will not be permitted when posting vendor reviews.  I do not see anything in the TOS that suggests a negative vendor review could be deleted if the vendor does not like it, so I suspect it is related to the text messages.  The vendor and customer had no privacy agreement so the text messages would not be something she was expressly forbidden from posting and they seemed relevant to the review.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

Re: Question about a post deletion

• We were asked to remove the review because of the text message images for privacy reasons. The vendor and customer may have not have a privacy agreement, but our TOS does not allow personal information to be posted without permission.

I spoke with the OP offline yesterday and let her know that she is free to post the negative review again, word for word without the images.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards