May 2014 Weddings

Is anyone going low-key?

I'm a very casual person by nature and plan on having a pretty un-frilly wedding.

I plan on getting a dress at a place like Express or Ann Taylor or Nordstrom (and nothing with tulle or chiffon), and I'm not going to have the "day of dress-shopping" with my mom & maid of honor (neither of them care either way!). I'm not hiring someone to do hair, makeup or nails. I'm having LEGO centerpieces and a LEGO themed cake with a LEGO bride and groom on top.I'm not having an engagement photo shoot or an engagement party, nor am I registering at any retail stores or anything (we just need money for a honeymoon and a house!).

The only traditional thing about my wedding is probably my white dress and the fact it's going to be at a pretty swanky, gorgeous mansion.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me and doing a slightly less-traditional, more funky wedding?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is anyone going low-key?

• Well, we're going kiiinda low key :)
    We are getting married and having our reception at a restaurant and our guest list will be small. We are splurging on photography, but I have to have a fancy white dress.
    FI would love for us to have a Lego theme...but alas, we aren't even having a theme.

I love Nordstrom's dresses. Check out Nordstrom Rack too!
    Anniversary
  • Definitely going low key. I ordered a white dress, but it is more destination style than poofy ballgown style. We'll have an extremely short ceremony (5 minutes). No wedding party, no first dances, no toasts. I'm doing my own hair and makeup. And I'm looking in to taco carts for catering.

We'll have been together for 10 years on our wedding day, so I'm viewing this more as a party to celebrate our time together.
    I hear ya! The boy and I have been together for nearly 10 years ourselves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • babymama007babymama007 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2013
    Definitely make your wedding the way you want it. I'm not a very traditional girl and I don't want to spend tons of money on "just one day"...although I know it's a special one, I'd rather spend the money on our kids and our house, etc. We're having our wedding at an Inn (it's beautiful, but affordable), and I'm just going low key...the less money we spend, the better. Just have fun with it and do what you want! :)
  • JaunajJaunaj member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm in the same boat. I'm a bit of an environmentalist so I'm not interested in the waste that comes out of a traditional wedding.  I haven't booked a venue yet but I'm leaning towards towards a garden. I just don't want to spend too much on the one day, but at the same time I'm one of those girls that has dreamed of her wedding since I was in the womb. There is nothing traditional about what my FI are planning :-)
  • We are going low key - guest list is around 25 - we are getting married in a small place that has wedding packages then we are inviting everyone to a restaurant for dinner.  I am having  MOH, Fh is having a BM, our son is the RB.  We have been together for 16 years. 
  •  We're going very low key as well and having a quick ceremony followed by dinner with our parents and a few friends.The only traditional things we are having is cake and my white dress. I love the lego theme!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards