African American Weddings
Options

I need your help!

amjcweddingamjcwedding member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited June 2013 in African American Weddings

So my wedding is 6:30 PM and the Reception begins at 7:00PM On my wedding day, the sun will go down at 8:18 PM. I will take pictures with my husband, parents and wedding party during cocktail, which will be from 7-8 PM. Given that the sun will be setting at 8:18 will an hour be enough time to get a good amount of pictures. Were basically trying to decide whether it makes sense to do a first look, but Fiance is really opposed to it. 

Also, what time would be appropriate for a getting ready pictures and pictures with my bridesmaids, MOH, and mom?

I found some timelines online, but I wanted to hear from others. Thanks :-)

Re: I need your help!

• Options

First, when is your wedding?  Secondly, what caught my eye was the reception beginning at 7 including cocktail hour.  Maybe I'm confused.  Is cocktail hour starting at 7?  Cocktail hour is usually something for the guests to enjoy while you and your wedding party take pics....

Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options
    No, my wedding starts at 6:30 PM. Cocktail hour is at 7pm. I am concerned whether I will have enough time to take pics with the groom given the fact that the sun will set oat 8:18 PM.  I am also asking if what time should I start the pictures with my girls? I have the photographer for 8 hours, if that helps. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards