Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

XP: Directions in invitations

amalamaamalama member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited June 2013 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
Did you (or are you planning to) include directions in your invitations? If so, how did you do them and what did you include? We have rooms blocked at two hotels in different areas, and then our guest list is about half out of town/half in town (but those people are also from different areas). The wedding stuff (church, reception, and the 2 hotels) are all within 20 minutes of each other but there's 2 major highways you could take. So should I do directions from each of those highways, directions from each hotel to the church, directions from the church to the reception, all of the above, or something else I'm missing? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: XP: Directions in invitations

• Options
    I put the addresses and links to google maps on the website, and put the reception address and directions to the reception in the program.  The website is mobile-friendly, and I included a note in the program about how if you have a smartphone, you can click on the link on the website and use the gps function of your phone.
    "I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you."image
    July 12, 2013
  • Options
    I would put the all the info on the website and I like the idea of reception info on the program. 
  • Options
    I would put the all the info on the website and I like the idea of reception info on the program. 
    My only worry with that is that we have a lot of older relatives invited that pretty much don't do anything online. Some of these people don't even own computers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Older folks know how to use maps. They've been on this earth longer than us, they know how to get from town to town. Just give the address on the invite, and maybe include directions on the website.
  • Options

We included a map insert, rather than directions.  I did it myself in powerpoint; I used google maps to get an image of the key spots (church, reception, hotel) and get it zoomed/centered to show all three, took a screen shot, put it into ppt.  Then I used shapes / lines / text boxes to draw the key points over the map (a cross for the church; a cake for the reception; a bed for the hotel) and traced the main roads that connected them.  I didn't put every road; just the major ones / ones they would need to drive on.  The roads into town I included a little arrow/note "to I-80" "to I-65" to show, for those coming from out of town, which way they'd be entering. 

• Options

Kate61487 said:

We included a map insert, rather than directions.  I did it myself in powerpoint; I used google maps to get an image of the key spots (church, reception, hotel) and get it zoomed/centered to show all three, took a screen shot, put it into ppt.  Then I used shapes / lines / text boxes to draw the key points over the map (a cross for the church; a cake for the reception; a bed for the hotel) and traced the main roads that connected them.  I didn't put every road; just the major ones / ones they would need to drive on.  The roads into town I included a little arrow/note "to I-80" "to I-65" to show, for those coming from out of town, which way they'd be entering. 

I did the PowerPoint map too- it worked out great, and I am not super tech savvy.  Here is the website I used for instructions:

http://www.weddingbee.com/2009/04/06/making-your-own-map/#axzz2XToYkng3

• Options

I included an insert with my invites, and it said something like this: "Reception address and time, blah blah blah......For more information regarding directions, accommodations, and more, please visit our wedding website...insert URL and password".

On the website I had directions to the ceremony coming from points North, South, and East.  I also gave directions from ceremony to the reception.  Those directions will also be listed in our programs in case people don't have them with them. 

• Options

I did a written directions insert from 3 different directions. That's how I had seen it done before. I also included our web address at the top of the paper. The insert also included times, hotels, shuttle info, etc.

What's nice is that our reception venue is making up the hotel welcome bags for us and they include a map of the area...

• Options
    Isn't there an almost identicle post not far from this one??? Deja vu....so yeah I agree with most people in that thread and PP in this one

June 1, 2013 - finally making it official!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards