Colorado

Colorado Elopement

My FI and I recently decided to elope to Colorado! We're aiming for September 19th, 2013... we'er thinking Vail, but if you know somewhere better let us know!

Since we are from the Midwest, I am going to need lots of advice on vendors! Suggestions for the following would be so very appreciated:

Ceremony Venue - It will be just the two of us, and all I really want is a gorgeous backdrop (think mountains, aspen, etc)

Officiant

Photographer

Hair/Makeup

Florist

Wedding Dinner Venue - We just want to have an intimate/romantic dinner for two after the ceremony

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Re: Colorado Elopement

• I'm from the Midwest too and am getting married in Aspen that same weekend.  I am bringing my photographer with me from IN since he was much more affordable than the CO ones (although they do an amazing job.)  We are having one of our friends marry us, since in CO you don't technically have to have witnesses or an officiant.  Here is the link from Pitkin County, but the info is good for the state:

http://aspenpitkin.com/Departments/Clerk-Recorder/Marriage-Licenses/

If you go closer to Pitkin Cty, I can tell you who I am using for the vendors.  I'm using the Wedding Deck at the Little Nell--but there are gorgeous places all over!!

Let me know!

• Thank you for the marriage license info! I think we are going to go with the Black Canyon Inn in Estes Park. If you know anything about that area, please do share!
  • I wish I did.  It's one area that I haven't spent much time in yet.  There is a photographer close to the Ft. Collins area thatyou might consider.  We were looking into using her until we went farther west.

http://sarahchristinephotography.com/

• We are touring Black Canyon Inn this Sunday! Having our wedding of 80 people in January. Is there anything specific you need to know?
  • Argh. I was out of town and missed your post, @kaddessi

I think we're ok though, it sounds like they are providing us with exactly what we need. I have talked to several florists and photographers in the area, and they all said they enjoy working with Black Canyon Inn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards