Wedding Party

Rooftop wedding but poolside open to public?

Hey Guys, I am trying to decide if I want to have an awesome downtown rooftop wedding but its open to hotel guest. I wanted originally to the ceremony and reception all up on roof but my mom thinks it would be to hot to eat sit down dinner outside June 8th in Ohio. So the offer ball room which is nice but the color is orange. I am very confused. I love the view more then anything. I have concerned about none wedding guest at pool although I could do room dividers. I am scared about bad weather and being in an orange room for me entire wedding. Please give me advice! Bride

Re: Rooftop wedding but poolside open to public?

• I don't think it would be too hot that early in June.  I would definitely use some kind of dividers b/c I wouldn't want pool-goers to be able to be part of the wedding, so to speak. I'm a little confused on how that works, though. How close to the pool would you be? Wouldn't there still be the possibility of a lot of noise/splashing?

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • June 8th is such a tough one- I'm only a state or two away from you, and around here, it's one of the most unpredictable times of year, weather-wise- could be anything from the 60s to the 90s.  I am not a fan of outdoor receptions no matter what, though, unless it's in an enclosed, air-conditioned tent, which doesn't sound like what you've got here.

I'm confused, though.  Have you already booked this venue, even though you don't like the indoor option?  I mean, what if it's raining?  Then you'll be stuck with the orange either way.  Maybe you should just start looking at other places?

• Thank you guys so much for your opinions. After speaking with my fiance we decided to go with another place. We are going with a venue that is indoors but has a small terrace. My fiance agreed with both of you that its to risky and pool even though would not be close could be weird. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards