Wedding Invitations & Paper

Where did you mail your invitations from?

This sounds like a silly question, but better safe than sorry! I'm ready to mail our STD's, we have about 80 postcards to mail out. They fit in the mailbox no problem, but is that ok to do? I'm also curious if we will be able to do the same with our invitations when we send them. 

Did you take your STD's/ invitations to the post office or just stick them in your mailbox?

Re: Where did you mail your invitations from?

• This sounds like a silly question, but better safe than sorry! I'm ready to mail our STD's, we have about 80 postcards to mail out. They fit in the mailbox no problem, but is that ok to do? I'm also curious if we will be able to do the same with our invitations when we send them. 

Did you take your STD's/ invitations to the post office or just stick them in your mailbox?
    I took them to the post office.  Just to be on the safe side.
  • I recently dropped 2 invites in a box as a test run (sent to our parents). They arrived but they were mangled (wrinkled, ripped). I will deliver the full shipment to the post office instead.
  • I just stuck them in the mailbox. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We took them to the post office. At the time, we were living in a townhouse with a small mailbox, so they wouldn't have fit.
  • Thanks for the responses everyone! I think I'll take them to the post office, just to be sure.
  • KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2013
    Post office. 

Edit to clarify:  (only save the dates were mailed so far)
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did post cards. I stuck mine in the mailbox. I wish I had stuffed them in an envelope and brought them to the post office though...had several people not get them.

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • I'm worried about 100 invitations being crammed in our mailbox because I feel like it would be easy to drop one or two of them, so I'm taking them to the post office.

• post office so I knew no rain would touch them and that they were in safe hands.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    We went to the post office. Make sure to go inside and hand them to someone, though. We didn't at first, and the outside mail slot and boxes were jammed full of mail and some of our invites got stuck. I had to go in and ask a worker to fix it. Ooops.
  • My future fil took them to the post office for us! And thankfully he did because even though we weighed one before we originally bought stamps, when he took them to the post office they required another stamp so I'm so thankful he took them because otherwise they would of been returned.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We mailed ours from the post office.

• I mailed my STD from the post office, but my invites from my house. My mailman is awesome and when he noticed I forgot to put stamps on a few of them, he came to my door and knocked to let me know. & the other day I was about to send them out and he had already pulled in to my driveway. He was getting ready to leave but I asked him if he could wait just a few mins so I could stuff the last few envelopes. He did.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I only mail things directly from the post office.  I never put anything in my mailbox, because I'm too worried about it.  I don't even like to use the boxes outside of the post office.  No matter what it is, I go inside and drop it in the box there.  Except, for the invitations, I went to the desk and handed them directly to the clerk.  I didn't want to take a chance!
  • I'm taking mine to the post office. A post office near me hand-cancels (many don't) at no extra charge. I just don't want to risk them getting damaged in the mailman's sack or being dropped.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards