Wedding Woes

Why fb annoys me

I posted that our a/c is broken.  MIL has called twice, emailed, and texted this am to make sure we are ok.  I have responded to each one so it's not like she's not hearing from us.  Yes, it's hot.  No, you don't need to worry.  No, we don't need to spend the night with you.  Yes, we can figure life out ourselves.  Wanna bet she calls DH?

Yes I know it means she cares.

Re: Why fb annoys me

• Yes, but there is caring and then there is INTRUSIVE
  • Oh wow. How annoying!! I'm so glad my FMIL can't figure out how to use facebook. That sounds like something she would do.
  • I thought about calling, e-mailing, and texting to see if you had eaten all of the doughnuts.  I worry!

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It sounds like you MIL is more annoying than FB.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ded @zsazsa-stl.  The donuts are gone.  I could eat a few more buckeye ones though.
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If you didn't want sympathy, why did you post it on Facebook? 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

It's not like I asked someone to take me in for the night.  Our grill went out too so I said something about not having fire or ice.

Why does anyone post on FB at all?

• SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Here, let me be more helpful- there's a way to reduce what your mother in law sees. 

Click on the little lock on the top right of Facebook 
    Go down to the bottom of the drop down and click "see more settings"
    Select the pen icon on the right of "who can see my stuff"
    You'll see a drop down of options, select "Custom" and click it again in the drop down
    A box will pop up to create a custom audience 
    In the "don't share with" add  you MIL, your boss, or any one else who you don't want to see everything.

Then when you post, you can click on the icon next to "send" (it may be a globe, two people, etc depending on your settings) and select "Custom" now when you post, those people won't see it. And you won't be bothered by too much affection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards