Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Butterfly Ceremony... Thoughts?

2»

Re: Butterfly Ceremony... Thoughts?

• this just made me sad

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • @TXKristan that is horrible. Why in the world would someone hand out living creatures in envelopes and not let people know? Those poor butterflies.

OP using living creatures in your wedding in any fashion is just a bad idea.

• omg @ Kristan.  "Surprise!  There's dead bugs in your envelope!  Hehe!"

SaveSave
  • KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    As someone who is creeped out by bugs....and yes, butterflies are bugs....they just have pretty wings. I would be freaked the f out if someone came to my wedding and handed me a box of butterflies as a "present" and then expected me to incorporate them into my ceremony.

Who gives the "gift" of making themselves and their business a part of someone else's wedding without being ASKED to do this?
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AJuliaNJ said:
    >>Another vote NOT to do this.   Animals aren't props

Someone on another board is apparently having a hawk act as ring bearer and fly the rings over the the officiant at ring exchange time.
    On TK? Please give some clues without posting the link.

Yes on TK.  On Luxury Weddings...buried in a thread on another topic it was mentioned.
  • You may not have thought through this prior to posting, so I won't flame you. But please don't do this. As people have said, it never works out and then you have poor dead butterflies all over.

The carrier pigeon sanctuary thing is actually a decent idea if you must have winged things at your wedding. I myself am not a huge pigeon lover, but if that was your thing at least they go back to their sanctuary only slightly ruffled from the trip.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    It is just cruel.  They are frozen and locked in a box, or worse, an envelope in which they can't even move.  And yes, not all of them fly off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards