Nevada-Las Vegas

115 degrees?!

Supposedly the forecast is 115 F today!  OUCH

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/28/us/southwest-heat/index.html

Married in Vegas - June 2011

Re: 115 degrees?!

• Isn't that the norm for the summer in the southwest?
  • Looking forward to my Vegas pool time next week!  Perfect temps for frozen drinks in the pool!
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 

• Pnutbutr said:
    Isn't that the norm for the summer in the southwest?
    I've never been there when it's been that hot, especially not in June.  I went in July once and it was about 105 and that was enough July visits for me.  The average high in July is 104; June only 99.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I was there the last time it was 117. That was in 2005. I love the heat, but 117 is HOT! It was about 100 last weekend for our wedding, which was quite nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Pnutbutr said:

Isn't that the norm for the summer in the southwest?

I've never been there when it's been that hot, especially not in June.  I went in July once and it was about 105 and that was enough July visits for me.  The average high in July is 104; June only 99.

Oh ok, I have never been in the summer. It's normally around 90 here in NC so I figured it was hell over on the west coast lol

• "But it's a dry heat" actually its not too bad because its dry standing out side now weather bug says it 115 here in az. The dryness helps with cooling, pop in the pool get out walk inside. You'll wonder were the blanket is I promise. Its not like anywhere with humidity u don't break out in sweat. Sides vegas is in doors and the pools are awesome
  • AMS482AMS482 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Yup! It's a hot one this weekend. The first 17 days of June were all above 100 degrees. The past two years Vegas has been VERY spoiled with a calm, mild summer. We (I say we, because I live in Vegas) were long overdue for a hot summer.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When will u b in Vegas..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If in june its 115 imagine how it could be at the end of august? my wedding is on August 23 ..... I am expecting to be very hot but not 115!!! lol
  • Well the 'good news' is that it won't be much hotter than that in August! The 'bad news' is that there is always a good chance for 100+ in August but Vegas is very equipped for the weather. I usually find that when its really hot like that I have to bring a sweatshirt everywhere because the a/c is always cranked up. I live in Phoenix and so we get the same fun heat!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards