Connecticut

Dress code etiquette

Hi Everybody
We are having some concerns regarding our guests attire. We have heard feedback (mainly from the future mother in law )that guests will be dressing "casually" because it is a barn wedding. It is actually an evening wedding at The Golden Lamb Buttery, which is a classy restaurant located in a barn. On a regular basis they have a preferred dress code of Jacket and tie for dinner. It is not black tie but it is also not jeans and a t shirt. How do we inform the guests that cocktail party attire is preferred without offending them?

Re: Dress code etiquette

• Do they request the same attire of your guests that they do of regular dinner guests?

If so, I'd put a note on the reception card, "jacket and tie requested by venue"

I'd also put a link to their website on an enclosure card as well and if you have a wedding website, out their website there as well.

I LOVE that place but I haven't been since Jimmy and Bob Booth passed away. That will be a gorgeous wedding!!

One last thing: talk up the venue to wedding guests. It's rather unique so those who don't know about it may want to learn a bit.
  • can u put on your invites semi formal reception to follow or dinner and dancing to follow that usualy sets the tone for a more dresser reception
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards