Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Proof my invite?

I'm designing my own invites and am almost ready to order them.  It would be very helpful if someone could look this over and tell me if there are any errors.  I took out our names and the location for privacy. 

Together with their parents
First Middle Last
and
First Middle Last
request the pleasure of your company
at the celebration of their union
Saturday, the second of November
Two thousand thirteen
at six o’clock in the evening
Fancy Botanical Gardens
123 Something Street, City, State

Reception to follow

Any missing/extra commas or other punctuation? Capital letters?  I feel really tempted to put a period after "Reception to follow" but I am pretty sure it should not get one.  Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Proof my invite?

• Options
    Looks good to me. All I can think of changing is making the T lower case in the year (but I'm not 100% sure if that's a requirement). Definitely don't put a period at the end.

Our invitations were pretty much exactly like this. However, one other thing that some people might pick up on is the line "at the celebration of their union." I only found this out a couple weeks ago (here on TK), but apparently some people might read that as the wedding has already happened and you are inviting them to a vow renewal. I would never ever interpret it like that but I guess it might be a thing in some circles? So you might consider changing it to say something like  "request the pleasure of your company / as they are united in marriage." Personally, I don't think it's necessary, but I thought I ought to point it out.
  • Options
    libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Together with their parents
    First Middle Last
    and
    First Middle Last
    request the pleasure of your company
    as they are united in marriage
    Saturday, the second of November
    two thousand thirteen
    at six o’clock in the evening
    Fancy Botanical Gardens
    123 Something Street
    City, State

Reception to follow

Is this a vow renewal? If not, "at the celebration of their union" makes it sound like you are already married.  Other than that, the only things I would change are to make the year lowercase and put the city and state on a separate line from the rest of the address.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards