Wedding Woes
Options

They do say bad things come in threes--my little rant

Hello all--So far I have been enjoying the wedding planning process, and we have about 3 and a half months left until the big day!  And I thought that it would be all drama free, but as I know now that is not going to happen.  When I first got engaged my 2 best friends assumed that they would be co-maids of honor they said.  But I only have one sister and I wanted her to be my maid of honor which to me only makes sense.  And I did explain that to them very early on in the planning process but they both claimed a few months ago that they didnt think that I was serious about that decision and got all upset about it. Which made no sense to me. One even quit responding to text messages for about a month because of it.  But now I thought everyone had moved on from that.  Then this week I get a text message (not even a phone call) from my bridesmaid in Kentucky saying that for sure her 2 girls (2 of my flower girls, I have 3 god daughters and I could not pick between them for being flower girls)  would deffinatly not be able to make it to the wedding and she probably would not be able to either.  All of this just came out of the blue.  She is saying that it is because of financial  problems.  And I totally understand money troubles, but she has been saying ever since I got engaged  ( May 2012)  that she has been saving up money to come out for the wedding.  And I know I shouldnt compare things that have happened in the past but I had to jump through all kinds of hoops to be in her wedding, changing plane tickets because she kept changing the date and rearranging  test schedules because I was still in college at the time.  I am just so mad/upset/sad that she doesnt even seem like she is putting forth the effort to come out here  for my wedding.  She even said the other day that I should just ask someone else to be a bridesmaid.  I can't do that, it would be insulting to the other person I would ask, they would know that they were being asked last minute and there is not enough time for a dress to come in for them.  Then a few days after getting that news my other bridesmaid told me that she would probably only be able to make it out for the ceremony, because she doenst know if she will have an appointment for work the next day or not.  Im sorry but she is a finacial assitant at a car dealership.  And my wedding is not until October.  You cant tell me that she couldnt make other arrangements to not have a meeting on a Sunday, Im sure there arent many Sunday meetings anyway.  I just dont understand why they are being this way.  I have not asked them to do anything as bridesmaids because they live so far away ( I am in South Dakota, one is in Kentucky and one is in Minnasota) and understand the problems that may come from that. All they have had to was pick their dress out of 5 different options I liked.  My fiancce and our families have been doing all of the other planning.    And then to complete my week I just found out that my officant cant do my ceremony now due to schedule conflicts with her new job.  It has been a very disappointing and frustrating week to say the least.

Re: They do say bad things come in threes--my little rant

• Options
    You can't tell your bridesmaids what to do with their own money or what they should hold important. Yes, you would hope that they could make it to the wedding, but sometimes, that's just not possible. Your officiant is probably the biggest disappointment, but at least you have a little bit of time until you need an officiant.

• Options
    : ( im so sorry for you I know its stressful but maybe your friend had something come up she's embarrased about perhaps a medical problem she isnt ready to talk about yet? I would just try and remember the only thing that is important that day is you get to marry your fiance. I know its a bummer some of your friends wont be there but I promise the day will still be just as special! I hope the next three months are peacefull!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards