Just Engaged and Proposals

Newly Engaged!

The moment I've been dreaming about since I was a little girl happened about a week ago. My boyfriend and I were away for the weekend celebrating our anniversary and I was so excited just to get away even if only for two days. Friday the 21st was our anniversary and our first day away. After a fun filled day we got ready for a romantic dinner out. Dinner was great, but I was starting to notice Mike, my boyfriend,was getting a little more awkward by the minute. After dinner Mike suggested we take a walk on the beach even though it was pretty chilly. I threw a hoodie over my dress because he was being so persistent and then we headed out. About 5 minutes into our walk our casual talk took a very serious turn and next thing I knew Mike was on one knee! He pulled out a beautiful ring that literally seemed to sparkle in the moonlight. I of course said yes although in complete shock. The day we got back from our mini vaca we both brought our parents together for dinner to announce our engagement. Everyone was so surprised because Mike didn't tell anyone, but they were all so supportive and happy for us which was the icing on the cake. I couldn't ask for a more perfect proposal or family reaction. 

I'm so excited to start planning our dream wedding. We plan on having a two year engagement because we have a few things we need to get in order first, plus I don't handle stress well, so I figure two years gives me ample time to plan at ease. Right now I'm beginning to focus on planning the engagement party. Also, I'm trying to find a two year wedding planning timeline, most of the ones I find are for one year engagements. If anyone knows any good timelines for longer engagements please share them below, thank you! 

Re: Newly Engaged!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards