Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Let's do something fun.

Random survey anyone?

-What's the last piece of fruit (not fruit flavored something) that you ate?
-If you are very quite in the room you are sitting in what is the first thing you hear?
-Who was the first person you told about your engagement?
-What kind of shoes did you wear today?
-Did you or have you been getting a lot of people giving you marital advice without you asking for it?
-Chips or popcorn?
-Ever been in a beauty pageant?
-What does someone here when they get your voice mail? (just a number, just your name or a message saying sorry you missed the call?)
image.

Re: Let's do something fun.

• Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    -What's the last piece of fruit (not fruit flavored something) that you ate? a pear at lunch
    -If you are very quite in the room you are sitting in what is the first thing you hear? the radio
    -Who was the first person you told about your engagement? my mom, I think
    -What kind of shoes did you wear today? black knee high boots
    -Did you or have you been getting a lot of people giving you marital advice without you asking for it? not really
    -Chips or popcorn? popcorn :)
    -Ever been in a beauty pageant? HA - no.
    -What does someone here when they get your voice mail? (just a number, just your name or a message saying sorry you missed the call?) on my cell it's just my name and leave a message, work phone is name, title, company name, another name to call if it's urgent, and leave a message
  • New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    -What's the last piece of fruit (not fruit flavored something) that you ate? An apple
    -If you are very quite in the room you are sitting in what is the first thing you hear? A director chatting with me about FIOS, lol
    -Who was the first person you told about your engagement? some of DH's friends - we were on our way to a camping weekend
    -What kind of shoes did you wear today? tall black boots
    -Did you or have you been getting a lot of people giving you marital advice without you asking for it? We can't shut MIL up
    -Chips or popcorn? Depends on whether or not I feel like being healthy. Greatly prefer chips, but usually choose popcorn
    -Ever been in a beauty pageant? Nope
    -What does someone here when they get your voice mail? (just a number, just your name or a message saying sorry you missed the call?) My work voicemail? Sadly, I have yet to update my VM message, and it still says Hi, this is New2pgh_Maiden name". Whoops! Most people call my cell anyway.
  • CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    -What's the last piece of fruit (not fruit flavored something) that you ate? raspberries and blueberries
    -If you are very quite in the room you are sitting in what is the first thing you hear? my radio
    -Who was the first person you told about your engagement? my bff
    -What kind of shoes did you wear today? brown boots
    -Did you or have you been getting a lot of people giving you marital advice without you asking for it? no advice, if another person asks "when or are you having a baby" one more time - I may scream. 
    -Chips or popcorn? both!
    -Ever been in a beauty pageant? no way!
    -What does someone here when they get your voice mail? (just a number, just your name or a message saying sorry you missed the call?) standard vm w/ number. 
    image Ivory
  • edited December 2011
    -What's the last piece of fruit (not fruit flavored something) that you ate? A Granny Smith Apple with peanut butter, about an hour ago

-If you are very quite in the room you are sitting in what is the first thing you hear? People screaming, foot steps, doors slamming.  Got to love working in the Student Union!

-Who was the first person you told about your engagement? I called my mom right after it happened, than my sister.

-What kind of shoes did you wear today? Black stilleto boots.

-Did you or have you been getting a lot of people giving you marital advice without you asking for it? Not really, my friend keeps telling me "its not too late" when ever I complain about DF or wedding planning.  He also suggested a destination wedding or eloping after planning his recent wedding!

-Chips or popcorn? Popcorn I suppose, I only like baked chips or tortilla chips.

-Ever been in a beauty pageant? Yes, I was in a "Miss Cheerleader of America" Pageant.  We did not however, have to do a bathing suit competition.  It was based upon an interview and evening gown round. I came in second runner up the second year I competed. Laughing

-What does someone here when they get your voice mail? (just a number, just your name or a message saying sorry you missed the call?) Good question, it's been awhile since I recorded it. <calls voicemail from office phone> "Hi you've reached Megan, sorry I've missed your phone call, please leave a message and I'll return your call as soon as I am able.  Thanks and have a great day!"
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A big yummy pear, just now!

-If you are very quite in the room you are sitting in what is the first thing you hear?
    We have an "open office," meaning most of us are in one big room without cubes, so I hear my noisy coworkers typing and talking

My mom

Black knee-high boots with almost flat soles, sort of a cross between riding boots and motorcycle boots

-Did you or have you been getting a lot of people giving you marital advice without you asking for it?
    No, almost none at all!  Most people just want to hear about wedding plans, it seems :)

-Chips or popcorn?
    Chips always!

-Ever been in a beauty pageant?
    Ugh, once in college- I was my dorm's representative.  It wasn't bad, but they're not my thing.

-What does someone here when they get your voice mail? (just a number, just your name or a message saying sorry you missed the call?)
    A message from me, both at work and on my cell.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    -What's the last piece of fruit (not fruit flavored something) that you ate? Omg. I honestly cannot remember...an apple I think.

-If you are very quite in the room you are sitting in what is the first thing you hear? A kitten squeaking/meowing at me!

-Who was the first person you told about your engagement? Um, everyone knew way before I did, so I did not really get to tell anyone, since DH threw me an immediate surprise party with our friends and family in from OOT!

-What kind of shoes did you wear today? Sandals, as always :-)

-Did you or have you been getting a lot of people giving you marital advice without you asking for it? Hhhm, I don't think we did, thank goodness!

-Chips or popcorn? Popcorn! With butter!!!!

-Ever been in a beauty pageant? Nope, but my mom auditioned me for commercials when I was younger.

-What does someone here when they get your voice mail? (just a number, just your name or a message saying sorry you missed the call?) Well VMM does not work in this country, so they don't get anything. Some Arabic voice saying that they caller is busy, I think!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I needed something fun today.. thanks!

An apple probably about a week ago... I tried the new "honey crisp" apples and they are SO delicious!
    The Radio followed by fingers typing/mouse clicks...
    My FSIL/MOH - My parents, FI's parents, and my brother and his FI were all there right after so I guess they were the first... But my FSIL/MOH was the first person I called
    Black suede Nine West boots :) It's FREEZING outside!
    YES! haha it's quite funny :)
    -Chips or popcorn?
    Popcorn... hands down
    Nope!
    My personal message saying sorry I missed the call... After college, I tried to make it professional in case future employeers called and left me a message
  • elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had some Kiwi last week and it was awesome. I really want some grapes right now though
    I can hear my neighbors down stairs if I really listen hard enough, and if I mute the TV
    My friend Jess was the first one to know. :)
    I haven't worn shoes since tuesday.
    Nope
    -Chips or popcorn?
    I would love some pringles right now, aren't they considered crisps?
    Nope.
    My personal message says "Hey It's Elisha, leave a message."
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    I just ate a banana a few minutes ago.
    It is loud in here because my coworkers are talking, but I guess it would be the copier, other than their voices.  
    My mom
    Black flats
    Yes, but it doesn't even compare to baby advice.
    -Chips or popcorn?
    Chips
    Nope, but my DH was a baby/child model.  :P
    Cell:  Hi, you've reached Kelly Rose.  Please leave a message.
    Office:  I'm lazy and it is just me saying my name and the vm person saying "is not available."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    KR- I bet the baby advice comes from complete strangers without even having to ask for it!
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    -What's the last piece of fruit (not fruit flavored something) that you ate? 6 days ago...Orange.  No fruit for 2 weeks on South Beach Phase 1. I miss it!
    -If you are very quite in the room you are sitting in what is the first thing you hear? Printer. Boring.
    -Who was the first person you told about your engagement? My Mama and Stepdad.
    -What kind of shoes did you wear today? Black flat Clarks.
    -Did you or have you been getting a lot of people giving you marital advice without you asking for it?  Not really. They were all just saying "Well, finally!" a lot. :P
    -Chips or popcorn?  Chips!! (drool)
    -Ever been in a beauty pageant?  Just in my room by myself. :P
    -What does someone here when they get your voice mail? (just a number, just your name or a message saying sorry you missed the call?) My wonderful voice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    What's the last piece of fruit (not fruit flavored something) that you ate? A banana
    -If you are very quite in the room you are sitting in what is the first thing you hear? Shhh....Hannah Montana is on TV.  (Don't ask)
    -Who was the first person you told about your engagement? I honestly don't remember.  Probably by BF.
    -What kind of shoes did you wear today? Sneakers
    -Did you or have you been getting a lot of people giving you marital advice without you asking for it? Yes.
    -Chips or popcorn? Neither.
    -Ever been in a beauty pageant? Nope, although I love watching Toddlers and Tiaras
    -What does someone here when they get your voice mail? (just a number, just your name or a message saying sorry you missed the call?) Just a number
  • edited December 2011
    A banana for lunch
    My loud laptop
    My mom
    Black ankle boots
    Yes, I'm the only person at my job that isn't married so EVERYONE gives me advice.
    -Chips or popcorn?
    I love chips.
    No way
    My name and a message.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    -What's the last piece of fruit (not fruit flavored something) that you ate?  Just ate a banana about 5 minutes ago.
    -If you are very quite in the room you are sitting in what is the first thing you hear?  Judge Judy!
    -Who was the first person you told about your engagement?  I think my boss (who is also one of my BMs)
    -What kind of shoes did you wear today?  Franco Sarto brown ankle boots
    -Did you or have you been getting a lot of people giving you marital advice without you asking for it?  Not really, aside from "don't do it"
    -Chips or popcorn?  Chips
    -Ever been in a beauty pageant?  Nope
    -What does someone here when they get your voice mail? (just a number, just your name or a message saying sorry you missed the call?)  A message saying my name and to leave me a message... though I'm thinking of changing it to say there's no need to leave a message if you're in my phone and I will know you called because I hate listening to VMs.
  • hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    edited December 2011
    -What's the last piece of fruit (not fruit flavored something) that you ate?  an apple probably about a week ago

-If you are very quite in the room you are sitting in what is the first thing you hear?  my co-irkers

-Who was the first person you told about your engagement?  haha. DH and I decided to wait to tell our parents when we took them out to dinner so the first technical person was Roy... the guy who owns DH's favorite comic shop... lol. he was super happy for us! lol

-What kind of shoes did you wear today?  sneakers

-Did you or have you been getting a lot of people giving you marital advice without you asking for it?  I got tons of unwanted advice and all I could do was sit and smile

-Chips or popcorn?  popcorn

-Ever been in a beauty pageant?  haha negative but I do watch 'Little Miss Perfect' on TLC, I believe.  Pageant moms = crazytown.

-What does someone here when they get your voice mail? (just a number, just your name or a message saying sorry you missed the call?) Automated voice --
    You've reached the Sprint Mailbox of (me saying Jennifer [lastname].) Please leave a message.

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards