Illinois

Small Wedding Venue in West Chicago Suburbs

Hi Everyone!

We are planning a very small wedding near West Chicago (preferably within an hour). It is my fiance's hometown and we are having about 15 people for an intimate ceremony and reception. The problem is that we live in another state. Can anyone recommend a venue or restaurant that will host a small ceremony and/or reception?

Thanks!!

Re: Small Wedding Venue in West Chicago Suburbs

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    You may get more responses if you re-post this question on the Illinois/Chicago board.
  • The Women's Club is a small site in Evanston that a friend of ours chose for a wedding. They might be a bit larger than you're thinking of though, at 15 people.
  • edited July 2013
    Oak Brook bath and tennis was really nice, but again may be too large. How many guests are you thinking?

Have you considered a restaurant venue? Oak brook in general has a lot of nice places
  • I would suggest a restaurant.  There are many in downtown Naperville and Oak Brook that are nice and offer private dining rooms.  Check with the Dupage convention and visitors bureau - they're great at helping people find places in the DuPage area.  Although a lot of the larger hotels would have small meeting rooms that would work. Depends on the style you want.
  • There is a little bar called Cairo right in west Chicago good friends of mine and the finances they've hosted a wedding there before check em out
  • We are getting married here in the summer! It's beautiful! http://www.epd.org/weddings-wilder-park-formal-garden

There is also an indoor option. Not expensive at all! In Elmhurst, IL 

• Look at restaurants/hotels in Neighboring towns of St. Charles and Geneva. Idk what their prices are like, but try: ZaZa's in St Charles, and these in Geneva: Fiora's, The Herrington Inn, Niche, Wildwood, Oscar Swan Inn
  • I would suggest B&B's since their guest maximums are usually quite small.
  • Pinstripes in Oak Brook does weddings. It's a fun location. It's a restaurant tied to a bowling alley. Don't know wedding pricing, but they were really fun for a company event I went to. 
  • jgrace8611 and @
    Knottie92198182

I see you are both new here.  Welcome!  You are responding to what is called a "dead thread".  If you look at the first post, look under the avatar (picture), and you will see the date that the original poster began this thread.  This thread is almost 1 1/2 years old.  The OP is long gone.

When you respond to posts, check these dates to determine whether the post is current or dead.  You will save yourself a lot of time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards