Registry and Gift Forum
Options

No one is buying off my registry!

My shower is in 11 days and barely anything has been purchased off either of my registries (I am registered at BBB and Macy's). I was told the invitations went out about two weeks ago. Before the invites went out, my mom told me I had to register for more stuff because of how many people were invited to the shower, and yet no one seems to be buying anything once the invites are out. I'm just wondering if anyone had this same experience, and if people do wait until the last minute to buy shower gifts (that's what my fiance tried to tell me). I'm sort of freaking out!

Re: No one is buying off my registry!

• Options

1. People will wait till the last minute

2. You shouldn't be checking to see what was purchased - its ruins the surprise

3. I wouldn't share this feeling with too many people, it's kind of gift grabby - be happy that people are coming to celebrate your upcoming nuptials and feel blessed that they got you something, don't expect something

• Options
    Thanks for responding! The only reason I checked is because last night my mom was out shopping and heard someone complaining about one of the items I registered for. She talked to a salesperson who recommended another similar item from a different brand, so she told me I might be better off swapping the item out (it was cheaper, too). When I logged in to the registry, it says exactly how many items have been purchased, etc.

Should have put that in the initial posting. Thanks again for your response. :)

• Options
    Thanks for responding! The only reason I checked is because last night my mom was out shopping and heard someone complaining about one of the items I registered for. She talked to a salesperson who recommended another similar item from a different brand, so she told me I might be better off swapping the item out (it was cheaper, too). When I logged in to the registry, it says exactly how many items have been purchased, etc.

Should have put that in the initial posting. Thanks again for your response. :)
    Some people will only use your registry for ideas - they may not necessarily purchase from it.  After my shower I went on and removed items I had gotten that were similar to what I registered for or were identical but purchased elsewhere.
  • Options

When I go to bridal showers I typically wait until about the day before or maybe two days before to buy the gift.  Especially with registries buying a gift doesn't take all that much thought so it is pretty easy to run in, grab something off the registry, and run out.

I understand why you went on your registry but don't do it again.  Also, why are you even concerned about this?  Like BangBangs said you worrying about this makes you sound gift grabby.  Just enjoy your shower and appreciate whatever you receive.

Oh and a lot of times, people tend to forget to tell the cashier that they bought something off a registry so even though your registry doesn't reflect it items most likely have been purchased.

• Options
    Thanks, Maggie. You guys are right. I shouldn't worry about it and won't look at the registry again. I guess I just associated what was being bought off the registry by how many people were going to show up because I am so excited about my shower and can't wait to see everyone. It wasn't about what gifts I was getting -- but whoever shows up will show up!

Thanks again for your help. I definitely feel better about it.
  • Options
    People like to buy last minute, don't stress yourself about this.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I also wait until the last minute. Also, I went to a baby shower in February and a couple days before, nothing had been purchased off the registry. I don't know if it was a glitch, people didn't tell the cashier, or what, but I thought that was odd, too. When I got to the shower, lots of stuff that had been on the registry was there in gift form. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards