Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

When to do engagement photos...

We are deciding the time of year to get our engagement photos done. Is it okay to do engagement photos in the Fall if we are having a Summer 2014 wedding? Should the photos have a similar feel/style to your wedding? I want to do fall engagement photos to enjoy the colors and be able to wear boots and comfy scarves :) Suggestions?

Re: When to do engagement photos...

• Options
    It definitely doesn't have to have the same feel as your wedding.  Many couples get married within a year of getting engaged, so it would be near impossible to have the same season.

Besides, I think having variety of the seasons for your formal photos is nice!  Enjoy your fall engagement session and summer wedding!
  • Options
    ^ Agreed ^.  We're getting married this Winter and had our pictures done in May..of course I'm stationed in NC and we're getting married in MD so when I was able to get leave had a lot to do with it.  It's all about what YOU want, and WHEN is most convenient for you.
  • Options
    I'm having my engagement photos in 2 weeks and I'm getting married in April. It's winter here, and therefore the low season so the photographer is free on a couple of weekend dates. If we waited more than 2 months he would be booked up with weddings and we would both have to take a day off work to get them done. I think it will help to get some different looks in the photos. For example, it is likely to be raining during the e photos so I'm going to get a cute umbrella.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestions!! It's always nice to get a couple of opinions from people outside of family and friends! Best of luck to you brides as you plan your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards