Illinois-Chicago
Options

Ceremony duo -- 2 cellos or violin + cello?

Hello Knotties!

My fiance and I are trying to pick out our ceremony music and we're down two either two cellos or two violins.  Thoughts about either one?  I'm sort of intrigued by the cello idea, but my fiance is leaning toward cello and violin.  We're going to meet with our finalists to determine best feel.

I'd also be interested to find out what common rates are for 2 hrs (ceremony + cocktails) of string duet music in Chicago.  Anyone?  Thanks!

Re: Ceremony duo -- 2 cellos or violin + cello?

• Options
     We are paying 300 for one hour (ceremony) of violin and flute if that gives you any frame of reference
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I am still in the process of finding options myself, but I was recently quoted $415 for 2 hours of a violinist.  I think that is expensive, but when I asked the woman why it apparently is because of the time of year.  Ideally, I am looking for a violin and cello combo, I think they sound nice together :)

• Options
    I am doing violin/cello and its $350 for one hour
  • Options
    aekcaekc member
    First Comment
    Thank you, Queen and SugarRush!  I've been finding violin/cello around 650 for 2 hrs, 950 on the high end (!!).
  • Options
    dang.  Im starting to think it would be easier/cheaper to just use a dang ipod! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards