Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Two culture influence

We are having a 200 people wedding in Puerto Rico, I'm puerto rican, but my fiancé's family is from Panama, over there they have the tradition of not give the guest the cake that the spouses cut, instead of that, they cut the wedding cake and then distribute it among close family after the wedding, and for the guest there's an additional cake just for them. My question is would this be disrespectful to my puerto rican guests? We are also having guest arriving from Panama. Thank You

Re: Two culture influence

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    kvoley17 said:
    We are having a 200 people wedding in Puerto Rico, I'm puerto rican, but my fiancé's family is from Panama, over there they have the tradition of not give the guest the cake that the spouses cut, instead of that, they cut the wedding cake and then distribute it among close family after the wedding, and for the guest there's an additional cake just for them. My question is would this be disrespectful to my puerto rican guests? We are also having guest arriving from Panama. Thank You

You don't have to serve guests the cake you cut, but make sure it's removed from view after you cut it to avoid any confusion.

Many brides serve their guests from sheet cakes different separate from the wedding cake.

• Thank you for the feedback I'll keep it on mind 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards