Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Ceremony Programs - Mentioning special loved ones who cannot be at the ceremony

So, my fiance and I want to mention our loved ones who cannot be at our wedding. Specifically, we want to mention all of our grandparents. All of them have passed except my one grandmother (she has Alzheimer's and cannot travel). I am having trouble figuring out how to mention all of them without everyone thinking that she has also passed away. So far I have something like this "On this most special milestone in our lives, we wish to lovingly remember those close to our hearts who could not be here with us: [name them all]...  We know they are here with us in spirit. The wonderful memories of the precious times shared with each of them will be cherished forever."

Any suggestions? 

Re: Ceremony Programs - Mentioning special loved ones who cannot be at the ceremony

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    smerican said:
    So, my fiance and I want to mention our loved ones who cannot be at our wedding. Specifically, we want to mention all of our grandparents. All of them have passed except my one grandmother (she has Alzheimer's and cannot travel). I am having trouble figuring out how to mention all of them without everyone thinking that she has also passed away. So far I have something like this "On this most special milestone in our lives, we wish to lovingly remember those close to our hearts who could not be here with us: [name them all]...  We know they are here with us in spirit. The wonderful memories of the precious times shared with each of them will be cherished forever."

Any suggestions? 

Someone asked this same question a few weeks ago.

Do your memorial section like you've metioned on the back of the program. I'm not a fan of your wording (it's a bit too dramatic for my taste), but it's fine.

Under the main part of the program list something like:

Grandmother of the Bride

Bettie Smerican (celebrating from home)

• smerican said:

Any suggestions? 

Honestly, I'd just keep it short and sweet for the deceased loved ones.

"In memory of grandparents names" or "In memory of those loved ones not with us today - names."

I'd just list your grandmother in the program as normal under your parents' names.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards