Texas-San Antonio

Need Suggestions for a San Antonio Riverwalk Wedding Reception Venue

Hi! I am hoping you guys can help me.

I'm getting married in Oct 2014 and want to find a fun, moderately priced wedding reception venue.
We want to keep the wedding small so 100-130 people. The wedding would be at the San Fernando Cathedral and I have a lot of out of town family and friends who I dont want to be driving all over San Antonio.

I have looked at Rio Plaza (I liked it a lot but my fiance thinks it is too small of a space) and we plan on looking at Pat O's.
Right now my idea of food would be fajitas and I definitely want an open bar.

Hopefully yall can suggestion some other options on or close to the riverwalk.

Thanks!
Erica

Re: Need Suggestions for a San Antonio Riverwalk Wedding Reception Venue

• We're getting married the San Fernando Cathedral, and our reception will be at the Southwest School of Art. I'm super pumped our venues, because I think both are GORGEOUS.  If you want something more on the main part of the Riverwalk, have you checked out the Pavillion at the Hilton Palacio del Rio?: http://www.palaciodelrio.com/meetings-and-events/the-pavilion/

Honestly, when I was trying to decide where I wanted to check out for reception venues, I stalked photography blogs like nobody's business. One of my favorites was Bend the Light: http://www.bendthelightblog.com/ - I'd look for couples who had the feel of what I wanted, figured out where they were having their reception, and go from there.
  • Spanish Governor's Palace, La Villita, La Orilla del Rio Ballroom.  I have no idea on pricing/capacity/policies for these, but they're on my list to check into.

What about the Southtown/King William area?  ZaZa Gardens wasn't available for my date but they look nice from the website.  I believe the Blue Star Art Museum can be rented out; that could be an edgy, fun space.  I think there are also some smaller venues in that area you could search for, but I don't remember specific names (they were too small for my consideration).

I agree with stalking photography blogs - I also love Bend the Light!
  • Has anyone used the Marriott on the Riverwalk, or attended other events there?
  • Thanks, ladies! These are wonderful ideas to look at.
    Slynn, I especially like your idea of stalking photographer's pics!!
  • Arrichter- Thanks for the Bend the Light tip! I'm now obsessed, their pics are awesome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards