Louisiana-New Orleans

French Quarter/Nola Venue -- Elevator Help

Hi,
I am considering lots of locations and I am having trouble finding out if some of these places have elevators to accommodate handicap guests.

I am considering:

The Bourbon Vieux Room

Petite Bourbon

Wax Museum

Latrobe's (I'm pretty sure this is a single story)

Board of Trade (I'm sure this is also single story)

Re: French Quarter/Nola Venue -- Elevator Help

• I know that Latrobe's is single story the others I haven't been to, however by law they should be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.  
  • The above poster is incorrect. Most buildings in the French quarter are considered "historic buildings" and therefore are not allowed to update/remodel etc thus having no elevators. From my knowledge, wax museum has an elevator along with petite bourbon. I believe Board of trade is one story as well as latrobes(unless you want to use their upstairs apartment as a dressing room) . I have no clue about Bourbon Vieux!
  • Thanks, ladies!  I knew that a lot of the buildings are historic and didn't have elevators.. Just hoping some of them do!! 

• Federal Ballroom has an elevator.

Board of Trade has stairs to get into the ballroom, but I've seen a ramp out before.

• Wax Museum has a large elevator that several of our guests that were not able to walk up the steps used to get to the second floor.
  • House of Blues has an elevator that goes to the Parish and the Foundation Room.
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

I had this issue too when looking for venues since my grandparents have a hard time with stairs...

Board of Trade is single story with stairs to get into the ballroom, they do have a ramp that you can opt to have out for wheelchair use. I believe they also have a handicap stall in the bathroom

Latrobes is a single story but the venue is choppy with lots a rooms that may have steps to get in and out of, I don't know for sure but if you have any more than 100 people in there I imagine it would be very difficult for a handicap person to get around

The wax museum has an elevator but it is the catering elevator so it's in the back and nothing glamorous. It is large though and will accomodate anyone in a wheelchair

I didn't look at any of the other venues on your list but I personally opted for the BOT since they put the ramp on the main entrance so my grandparents could enter the wedding like all the other guests instead of being brought through a back way. It also is a large enough venue to seat my 150 guests and still have space for them to be able to get around.

You may want to consider Hotels like the Bourbon Orleans, they have a beautiful ballroom and all the hotels have elevators.

• I looked at all those venues, but ended up going with Pat O's on the River- I know for a fact it is completely handicapped accessible/ADA compliant. We have a good friend in a wheelchair, so it was important to us that he be able to get everywhere.

On that note, they were GREAT. I cannot say enough how much I LOVED Libby and the whole staff over there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would second Pat O's on the River.  My wedding was not there, but I've been to several parties there and it is a great venue, great view, and definitely has an elevator!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards