Second Weddings

Finally Feeling Happy

I wasn't happy the day I married my ex.  I knew it was wrong to get married, but we had a child, there was pressure from his family....sigh.

But now, I know I will be very happy indeed.  I cannot wait to marry my wonderful man, and my son is over the moon with his future stepdad.

Re: Finally Feeling Happy

• MrsH86MrsH86 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I feel like you stole the words out of my mouth!!! Same feeling over here!
    Congrats!!!!!
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
  • I think there are a lot of people that feel that way. I know I do. I was married to my ex for 9 years. We had a daughter together. I was so blinded by "young love" I never saw the man my ex was until our daughter was born and his selfish actions became glaring. Then when I was forced to have surgery due to medical issues and he had to be a full time Dad and take care of me and our daughter, it got even worse. 3 months after my surgery, he walked away. Moved out. 7 months later I finally filed for divorce. Now 3 years to the month of filing my divorce papers, I'm getting remarried. People think I'm crazy, moving too fast, jumping the gun. But my close friends and family see how perfect we are, how great we are and frankly I don't care. My daughter loves him, I love him... I just wish I could snap my fingers and make her his... Drives me nuts.
  • I knew the day I married my X that it wasn't going to last.   I knew he had major problems and issues and I don't know why I went through with it.  I still feel guilty about it.   But this time it's just so easy and right.  This is how it is supposed to feel.

Congratulations to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards