Registry and Gift Forum

WWYD re: Wedding gift for friend

Hi, I need some input...My husband's friend just recently got married-it was a second marriage for both so it was small and they only had their family attend(only 15 people total at the wedding). No friends were invited and they never really talked much about their wedding because it was a small affair. My husband and his friends took the groom out for dinner/drinks to celebrate before the wedding. We just found out friends in our mutal circle all gave them a gifts for their wedding-big gifts too like a night at a B&B and a wine tour. Our cash flow is tight right now and I know our friends would never expect a gift but should we send a gift-we are starting to feel bad we didn't give them anything. We don't want to look cheap-we did get them gift for their other life milestones-a house warming gift, they had a baby last year, and we just came back from their daughters first birthday-is a wedding gift necessary?

Re: WWYD re: Wedding gift for friend

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Do not stretch your budget for a wedding gift when you didn't attend the wedding.
  • If you can think of something small and meaningful, I think it would be nice.  But no need to stretch numbers to pay for it. 

A cheap gift I've given to folks in the right places is an Entertainment Book.  Kinda a bit old-school but they have some great savings and can encourage them to try new restaurants or other stuff.  Fits a wedding since most of the coupons are BOGO style.  They were a standard on my birthday list for years but they really don't do much where I live now.  I think new books come out in the fall....that means old coupons expire (hence the really low price for the 2013s right now) so you may want to go w/ the new one and give them a printout or something...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards