Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Facials?

So my skin is pretty terrible (super oily and acne prone). I stopped wearing makeup and seem to have it kind of under control, but it's not exactly pretty. I know facials can really help and I know a series of facials help more than just one right before the wedding. My questions are - are they really worth it? Did anyone really notice a HUGE difference, even with the makeup? And how many should I do? When should I start doing facials and how often? I'm just over a year out from our wedding.

Thanks ladies!!!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Facials?

• Options
    Instead of facials I would try to find a daily system that you could use.
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

I would go to a derm and have a doctor look at your skin. They could prescribe you something or help you get your dialy routine worked out.

I tend to get facials when my skin flairs up. My skin looks worse the day of the facial and better for about a week after. I cant say I have seen any long term inprovements.

For me, the clearasonic (spelling?) brush changed my skin completely. It worked wonders.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Yeah, my Clarisonic changed my life. I almost never have breakouts anymore (maybe one or two zits around my period) and and it's helped a lot with the oilyness.

I plan to get a referral for a dermatologist next time I'm at the doctor - I just didn't want to also get sucked into buying a package of like 8 facials if they're not worth it.

Thanks!!!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I started using Rodan & Fields, they have regimens, a machine for exfoliations and facials that are awesome. These products worked so good I became a consultant!
  • Options
    I typically get facials every 6-8 weeks. I like the feedback from someone else looking at my skin (which helps me keep things in perspective....they're just blackheads.....no one is dying here). My skin responds well to the routine and consistency. I would check out a reputable beauty school in your area, if you're not convinced about facials in general or if cost might be prohibitive. Aveda has schools all over the US and the products are great. Plus, students are much less likely to give you the hard sell afterwards.
  • Options
    jdblnnjdblnn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

I wouldn't jump on the routine facial train just yet, unless you're committed to doing it up until the wedding.  I would hold off until 4-6mo before the wedding day then do regular facials every 6-8 weeks.  Before you spend that money, however, meet with a dermatologist.  At a minimum they can recommend the right treatment for you, so you're not spending your money on something that is not right for your skin type.  

That being siad, facials are great for your skin and can help alot with congestion.  Not to mention, some time at spa is great for reducing stress.  If you've got the cash and want to spend it this way, give it a shot!

• Options
    Yes, I notice a big difference in my skin after I get a facial. I feel like my skin is able to breath and It prevents break outs. Plus its a nice little treat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards