Moms and Maids
Options

Paying for bridesmaids weekend

mrsbizzzmrsbizzz member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited July 2013 in Moms and Maids

I am hosting all three of my bridesmaids for a bridesmaids weekend. We will spend the weekend picking their dresses and shoes. One of my bridesmaids lives in the same city as me and the other two (one is my sister) are flying in for the weekend and staying with me to avoid hotel costs (and I'd have it no other way).

I have made a reservation at a nice restaurant between our dress shopping appointments for lunch and I intend to pay for everyone's lunch. That evening, I am hosting and making dinner for all of them (this is Saturday). We are also planning to grab a quick drink and dinner on Friday night and brunch on Sunday. Do you think I should pay for these two meals? I really can't afford more than the Saturday lunch and Saturday dinner groceries, but I also don't want to be a rude bride or host. If I am not paying, is there an easy way to make this clear to the girls?

ETA: spelling errors

Re: Paying for bridesmaids weekend

• Options
    I think what you're paying for is more than generous. I would never expect that you would pay for all my meals in that situation. I think I would just straight up tell them what you're paying for. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Agreed. What you're doing already is more than enough, and I'm sure they will appreciate it!
  • Options
    Sounds like you guys will have a great day! You are very sweet to pay for the lunch and have them stay with you!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    It's nice of you to treat them to lunch. I don't think anyone should expect you to pay for their meals for the entire weekend. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards