Florida-South Florida

Key West Ideas? Help!

Hello!
I am trying to plan a 2014 Destination wedding for Key West FL

I am totally lost! 
If anyone has gotten married in Key West can you let me know who you used for a reception vendor and if you would recommend them?
I am looking at Coconut Cove ( i love how you can get photography and flowers through them) , the Reach, Hilton Key Lago ( may be out of my budget though)

I am trying to keep this as easy (haha) as possible because I am in Chicago and unfamiliar with Key West.

We are really trying to keep this under 5-6 k for reception ( anticipating 50 people...hopefully less but you never know)

Also if anyone has had experience with DW;s, how many people did you invite and how many came? We are probably going to invite everyone we would have if we had this at home (175) but alot of them are older or have families and probably won't make the trip...

Thanks!
Teresa

Re: Key West Ideas? Help!

• Hi Teresa! Congrats! 
    Key Largo and Islamorada are about 2-3 hours north of Key West. Are you looking in Key West or just the Keys, per se?
    As I want to keep the wedding close to Miami, I've chosen Upper Keys. I'm going this weekend to the following: Coconut Palm Inn, Coconut Cove, Ocean Pointe Suites, Bayside Inn, Islander and Postcard Inn. Let's see!

I know Pierre's/Morada Bay is pricey for 50 and up BUT I've heard otherwise for smaller parties.

Good Luck and I'll let you know how it goes. 
  • Have you thought about all inclusive resort in Key West?

• Hi! I'm also getting married in Key West (from New York)! I looked at The Reach and The Southernmost Hotel last week. Both had comparative prices but the Reach offered more in terms of its outdoor/ indoor space.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards