Destination Weddings Discussions

Asking a hair stylist friend for help

Probably a weird question, but FI has a really good relationship with the woman who cuts his hair (They've known each other for 15 years), and we were going to invite her and her husband to our DW anyway. I was thinking of asking her to do my hair and makeup if she ends up deciding to make the trip, and maybe we could cover their hotel for the week. If we did that, it would be around $1000, so would it be appropriate to ask for her to do my bridesmaids hair and makeup as well? 
Or would it be better to say we'd love for you to be there, and if you are willing, we will pay you to do beauty services, but then not pick up the costs.

Basically, I don't want her to feel like any less of a guest, but I know it would mean a lot to FI if I asked her to do my hair. And it would be really nice to do a trial session with the person who will actually be doing my hair on the day of.

Re: Asking a hair stylist friend for help

• I think this really all depends on your relationship with her and if they plan on going. I was going to ask my friend who was a hair stylist if she went for just myself. It might be iffy throwing in bridesmaids. How many do you have? If I was her and you offered me 1000 to do it and I got to be on vacation I would think heck yes. But its all a matter of opinion.
    Anniversary
  • I agree with Meg - it really depends on your relationship with her. Has your FI talked to her about the wedding and about them attending?

The other thing would be - is she the sort of person to feel pressured to agree? Personally, if this thing came up I can't think of a way that I would be able to decline and still feel comfortable attending. Although, my personality is to try and make sure everyone is happy so it might just be me.
  • That's a really good point, and probably why I asked in the first place. Something felt a little off.

I'd rather invite them just as guests. If she offers to do hair, fantastic. If not, we'll hire someone.
  • This could be tricky, but if you are comfortable enough, I say just ask!  Tell them you are more than happy to have them there as guests but was wondering if she wouldn't mind styling the hair, discuss the compensation you'll give.  Maybe tell her you have some stylists lined up so she won't feel so uncomfortable saying no, and that you wanted her to know you thought of her first but didn't want her to feel obligated.

Something like that, lol!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards