Michigan-Detroit
Options

Wedding Day Timeline Help

Hello Michigan Brides!!  My FH and Myself just booked the Washington Lions Banquet Center with Chef Ramone as our Caterer.  We're supposed to have our ceremony and reception back to back.  Has anyone done this before?  Getting married in their beautiful Gazebo.  I'm asking because i'm trying to figure out a timeline for pictures and such.  When this happens should you book an extra hour before the reception for pictures and what do you have your guest do?  Cocktail hour?   

Thanks!!!!

Re: Wedding Day Timeline Help

• Options

Congratulations!  Hubby and I had our ceremony and reception in the same venue (but not yours).  Here's our timeline.  Our ceremony was at 5 pm.

3:30 - two photographers arrived, one took pics of me and my girls, the other hubby and his guys.  We did not do a first look.

5 pm - ceremony

5:30 to 6:30 - cocktail hour for guests.  Photog took pics of hubby and me with entire bridal party and some family group shots.

6:30 - cake cutting, first dances. We wanted to have all the formal stuff done before dinner.

7:00 dinner

8:30 dancing started

12 midnight reception ended 

hope this helps!

• Options
    We are having our reception there. It is a nice venue. When is your wedding?

Ask you DJ about time frames. He will be the one who can tell you what is a good time to do all that you want to do. Ours has been amazing so far in helping us decide ceremony time, dinner hour and all the formal stuff. 

Good luck and Congratulations!
  • Options
    Thanks for this my wedding is also at 5pm and this timeline is great to use as an example.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards