Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Where to have a Destination Wedding on a Budget, outside the U.S.

I have been engaged for 7 months and have YET to plan our wedding! We, being my fiance, Nick and myself, have talked about a Destination Wedding to Jamaica or Mexico. We have talked to a travel agent and she has given us some prices for all inclusive places but to me they seem rather expensive. Does anybody have any advice as to where to go for our destination that wouldnt be too expensive, what resorts would be the best, or any travel agents or services to use. I would really appreciate any advice! 

Thanks So Much!

Re: Where to have a Destination Wedding on a Budget, outside the U.S.

• Options
    Meg&AustinMeg&Austin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2013
    Welcome and congrats!!!

I have heard people rave about Beach Bum Vacations. I did not use them myself but last I knew it was a free service. You fill out a form online about your expectations. Must haves and price range etc and someone calls you with some hotels in your price range.

My travel agent told me jamaica was the cheapesrt and easiest to get married at.

I am not help as I got married in the Dominican republic but I have been to both Mexico and Jamaica and they were both amazing! Although I do not recommend the Riu montego bay in Jamaica because the water at their beach was all seaweed. Mexico I have heard Riveria Maya is the best place to go or Cozumel. We went to Playa Del Carmen and itwas amazing!
    Good luck with your decision def keep us updated and ask lots of questions :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I used my aunt who is a travel agent and she said that Jamaica is the cheapest option.  We had an upgraded room and everything was all inclusive.  We booked 6 nights so our wedding was free.  
    We paid a total of $2,625, then the cost of flight and anything extra that we may add.  That was through the Sandals Montego Bay Resort 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jamaica is definitely affordable!  Also depends on the time of year.  If you are open to any date, check out off peak travel times!  DR I think is also affordable.  I am talking resort wise.  Flight prices definitely depend on where you are flying out from, and the time of year. 

Good Luck! and we hope you come back to let us know what you decide :-D
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards