Pre-wedding Parties
Options

bridal shower blunder

Soo skipping the weeks worth of stressful details that leads up to now I am wondering.. My FSIL got a hold of the bridal shower planning and basically decided to make decisions without talking to my MOH who knew all the who's/what's which resulted in her sending invitations to all my out of state family that were meant to be invited to another graciously held smaller shower later in the summer. My MOH had already known they could not attend and a childhood friend wanted to host a smaller second event so we could all have that time together to celebrate the upcoming wedding.. I am so grateful FSIL decided to be apart of the process and please do not think otherwise. My aunts/cousins and friends from the state I grew up in could not attend the shower they were wrongly sent an invite and now the other hostess wants a guest list but I think its tacky to send another invite even though it was sent in error.. not sure how to go about this and not hurt anyone's feelings etc.. please help!

Re: bridal shower blunder

• Options
    It's fine to invite them to the family shower in your hometown. 

• Options
    thanks for the response. I felt so awkward about it all. 
  • Options
    Don't feel awkward. Your FSIL misunderstood. Your family members can't make it to the shower she's planning and are probably happy that you're having a shower closer to home. Enjoy your showers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards