Canada-Ontario

DJ Recommendations?-Toronto

chantellemfchantellemf member
edited July 2013 in Canada-Ontario

Hi,

We are looking into booking a DJ for our wedding next July. I have booked meetings with Michael Coombs Entertainment and have heard good things about Impact Entertainment. Anyone used either company that can give us some reviews on their experience? We really want some one who is professional, a great MC and can accommodate our Ukrainian/Portuguese backgrounds.

Re: DJ Recommendations?-Toronto

• We're using Maximum Music. The wedding isn't until the fall, so I can't speak to the quality, but they have a bunch of different DJs and sometimes offer discounts for some venues or days of the week.
  • Try Ian Liwanag - google him.  He does photography, videography and music.  He's accommodating and super easy to work with. Just tell him what you want and he'll make it happen.
  • We looked into Michael Coombs but found his quote way too much for the services we required.

We debated between Ian Liwanag and DJ Danny Flohback and went with Flohback only because they are the resident DJ's for our venue and we really enjoyed them when meeting in person. Both of them had competitive prices that came in almost $1000 under what Michael Coombs quote was.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We also hired MaximumMusic.  ....does anyone have specific recommendations for the Maximum DJ's?  Our wedding isn't until October, so I'm not really sure what we're getting yet.  We also hired a band called AfterMidnight.  

theyellowline - can you let me know how Maximum did?  

Thank you kindly - look forward to hearing your reply.  

• We are using Dialed in DJs-- they are a fairly new company but have amazing reviews. 
  • ryork99 -- I just saw this, but I'll let you know (though your wedding may be the same time as ours). We booked with Brent at Maximum Music after meeting him in the spring. He also was the DJ at a friend's wedding and he worked really hard to get people to the dance floor, changing songs quickly if no one was dancing.
  • We just booked Dialed in DJs! 
  • We had our wedding on Friday (yay!) and I totally recommend The DJ & Co (Ian Liwanag). DJ Anthony kept the party vibe up, the dance floor was packed all night!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards