Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

All Day wedding transportation that's actually affordable!

Two months away from my wedding and a lightbulb goes off... how am I getting to and from everywhere I need to be on the day of my wedding?! Of course, I was so concerned about how my guests are getting from the hotel to the venue and back (and had that covered months ago) that I completely forgot about myself and the bridesmaids.

Our day of currently looks like this: We will need picked up at the hotel around 8:30am to be taken to the salon about 25 minutes away. We'll be at the salon for probably 4 hours and will then need picked up there and brought to the venue where the ceremony and reception will be held (another 25 minutes of drive time). We will be at the venue from 2pm until just after 11pm when we would need picked up (the entire wedding party this time) and brought back to the hotel (20 minutes). The groomsmen are driving in 1 or 2 cars from the hotel straight to our venue and they planned on leaving the cars there until the next morning. I was hoping to not have myself, or any bridesmaids, drive in the morning but I haven't been able to find anyplace that does transportation over that long of a period of time that isn't thousands of dollars. I just keep thinking that it's only a total of an hour and a half driving tme... it seems crazy to pay that much money to sit in a parking lot for hours. Should I just throw in the towel and have a couple bridesmaids drive and leave their cars at the venue until the next morning as well? That way, we'd only need to find transportation back from the venue? I already spoke with our hotel when we were trying to find transportation for the guests and they do not do a shuttle (we're doing one of those tour buses that hold 60 people)... any advice is MUCH appreciated!

Oh, and I forgot to mention... there are 5 Bridesmaids and 5 Groomsmen. Plus the future husband and myself :). We may also have our parents on the way home as well depending on what we can figure out. So a total of (max) 16 people.

Re: All Day wedding transportation that's actually affordable!

• Just have a couple bridesmaids and groomsmen take their cars to the venue and leave them overnight. Why don't you guys just ride the coach bus with your guests back to the hotel, if you're staying there too?
  • Make each trip a separate limo booking?
  • Why don't you just drive to the hair salon then to the venue and then take the shuttle with your guests back to the hotel?

We took the shuttle our guests took back to the hotel and it was so much fun. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards