June 2014 Weddings

Photo Booth

I am wondering if anyone has used the weddingbooth app for an  ipad.  I really want to have a photo booth but the thought of spending $1000 on it and only getting pictures  since I already am paying a photographer twice that. I didn't know if it works well or if anyone has had an experience using one at a wedding?

Re: Photo Booth

• No idea, the only photo booth I've seen at weddings are the ones set up by professionals.

Anniversary

• I haven't used it, but I don't think we will go with it.  Our DIY photo booth will be in a smaller room attached to the reception space.  I don't like the idea of my (or my FI) iPad in there unwatched.  Not that I fear any of my guests taking it, but it does have personal stuff on it (and confidential work papers/emails), and I worry about it being access and/or damaged.  

We were going to use my FI's older iPhone until he went into the pool with his current one in his pocket.  Now he is using his old one.  

I think we will just use an old PC tower we have, and older digital camera on a tripod, and two monitors.  One in the space and one displaying an updated slideshow of all the photos taken.  No prints on site. From what I've read, Sparkebooth would work well for this set up.  I just don't want to worry about it.

My other thought is to hire a student photographer for a few hours for about $50/hour (which is a very good wage here).  That would be completely hassle free (but I would still want the slide show display).

I just want the photos on a website the guests can access to download at will.  We will also have prints made of some of them and send with thank you notes.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards