Rhode Island

Colt State Park...

I decieded on a shot-gun wedding at Colt State Park in early October, but i'm curious about the whole booze situation. I have people in one ear saying you can drink, and others in the other ear telling me i'll be sure to get arrested if we do so. i'm irish, there's no way I can have a liquor-less wedding!

Re: Colt State Park...

• Do you have a contract?  If so, what does it say about liquor?  If not, what do the park's rules say about liquor?
  • No alcohol is allowed in the park. I have no idea how strict they are about enforcing that though. I would say it would definitely need to be concealed though and that you could not have beer and wine bottles out in the open...
  • 13.1 No person shall possess, drink, sell or offer for sale any alcoholic beverages
    except as follows:
    Permission may be requested from the Director of the Department of
    Environmental Management or his or her authorized representative to consume,
    serve, sell or offer for sale alcoholic beverages at events held at Fort Adams
    State Park, and at the Annual Oktoberfest Celebration held at World War II
    State Park. Requests shall be submitted in writing to the Director, or his/her
    authorized representative sixty (60) days in advance of the proposed date for
    the event. Permission may be given at the Director’s discretion only as a part of
    a formal license agreement between the State of Rhode Island and the entity
    requesting permission. If granted, permission shall apply only to areas and
    times designated by the Director at his/her discretion and specified in the
    license. The Director may impose additional restrictions which he or she deems
    necessary.

is what the website says...so if i request it , i would get it and be fine?  or should i wing it and just bring some booze and make cups? 
    it's between here & my MIL's back yard, id much prefer the park...lmao.
  • I think its saying you can request it for Fort Adams Park in Newport, not Colt State Park... But you could ask when you go to book. They'll probably mention it to you anyways. 
  • Whatever happened with this? I am so interested! We are about to book the same place and I was wondering the same thing.
  • I think its saying you can request it for Fort Adams Park in Newport, not Colt State Park... But you could ask when you go to book. They'll probably mention it to you anyways.
    --------------------------------------- You are correct. You can request it for events at Fort Adams but not Colt. No alcohol at Colt, period. I am considering Colt for my ceremony next year, but we won't do the reception there because of this. All the start parks in MA are the same way - no alcohol, period.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards