Kentucky-Louisville

Vendor Reviews for July 13, 2013 Wedding

Ceremony and Reception Venue and Caterer - Oxmoor Country Club - C-
     Honestly, this would have been a lot higher if it wasn't for the horrible service that we received the day of the wedding. We went to a wedding show that was hosted at this country club, and met with the wedding coordinator of the club. She told us about the amazing package there: $6,999 that included the DJ, food, ceremony and reception space, tables, chairs, linens, servers, and service for 100 people. Everything sounded great and I was so excited to just be able to coordinate everything in one place. The coordinator, Laura Ridge, was amazing when it came to communicating, helping me solve problems, and answering questions BEFORE the wedding. The day of the rehearsal she was there and helped to coordinate the ceremony plan. However, when it came for the wedding day, I saw her ONCE the entire day. She helped coordinate the ceremony music and everyone walking down the aisle and that was the only time I saw her. There wasn't a single time that she approached my husband or me to check on how things were doing or if we needed anything. This was extremely frustrating seeing as she was so involved in most of the planning process and then just disappeared on our wedding day. Also, my aunt was the one that made our cake and favors. She also made chocolate covered strawberries to go around the groom's cake. Apparently, I had misunderstood something because when my aunt came in with the strawberries, Laura snapped at her "I TOLD her she couldn't bring those! I already let her have the cake pops!" She snapped at my aunt and was extremely rude to her when she came in. Instead of politely trying to compromise or talk about having a charge to have them at a venue, she made my aunt feel really uncomfortable and insulted. I saw my aunt once the entire day, and she left before the ceremony even started because of the way Laura treated her.
     Our count for the wedding had been 113, and any people you add on after the 100 for the package, are $30 per person. The day of the rehearsal, we had Laura go ahead and run our card for the extra people. We did a first look at our wedding, so we only had family photos to do after the ceremony and that didn't take very long at all. Right after, we went up to be introduced and to eat. The tables were released by songs that were on cards on their tables. The bridal party went through first, and then everyone else as usual. After my new husband and I ate, we went around to talk to our guests. Our plan was to go up again to try the entree we didn't get the first time, and also to get salads. However, after the last table got up to get food and went through the buffet line, the servers put away all of the food completely. Our guests didn't even get a chance to go up for second helpings. So we spent all this money, expecting our guests to get plenty of food, and the food was only out for MAYBE an hour. Our wedding was on Saturday, so I emailed Laura on Monday, to tell her about this because we were both very upset we spent so much money on a service that wasn't provided very well. She did some "research" on the situation and apparently all the servers said they left it out for plenty of time for the guest to get seconds. Laura's brother is the DJ and lied and said that he made an announcement that the buffet was going to be closed so that guests could go up for more food, but that NEVER happened. The whole conversation was really frustrating, especially when a large group of servers told us before they left that they had never done this before and this was their first time. I wouldn't have had a problem with this if Laura had been around to help guide so many new people at least through dinner, but she was nowhere to be found. Besides the buffet problem, the staff that night was great. They were quick to respond to any problems and helpful whenever they were asked to do something. In the end I really just don't feel the service that we paid for, as far as the food and coordinator go, was given in the way it should have been that day. My husband and I are extremely disappointed by this and were really frustrated with the conversation we had with Laura afterwards and the lies she kept telling and all the ways she tried to get out of the problems she caused. I don't suggest this venue to anyone because it caused more stress than help the day of the wedding.

DJ - Ridge Rock Entertainment - A-
     Our DJs for the night were Teague Ridge and Matt McCreary. The minus mostly has to do with the trouble that was caused by Teague with the lie he told about an announcement he said he made so that guests could go get food before it was put away. There were also problems when he was announcing the wedding party and mixed up 2 of the names. There were also many complaints from our older guests, which made up a good amount of the guests there, about how loud the music was in the reception hall. I feel like they did a really good job for the most part and would suggest them to other brides. Most of the problems were minor. They also had a photobooth that came with their service, which my guests LOVED. SO glad we ended up having a photobooth there!

Florist - Schmitt's Florist - A++
     Russ Schmitt was the main florist I worked with and he was AMAZING!!! I loved how well he worked with and listened to me. Unlike some of the other florist I tried working with, he didn't try to sell me a bunch of add-ons or useless details that I didn't want or need. I told him my budget and that I wanted to spend as little as possible on the flowers. I didn't need any specific flowers, and I wasn't picky about what kind, I just needed the cheapest option possible. I showed him pictures and he came up with a price for me and we made payments on it. He was extremely friendly through the entire process and was so willing to work with me on all the details. He even let me come see them the day before the wedding to make sure they all looked great, and even though I had some changes to make on the flowers, he was willing to make them quickly and easily for me. The flowers turned out absolutely beautiful and they smelled enchanting!  I highly recommend this vendor to any bride!

Photography - Firm Anchor Photography - A+++
     Our photographers were BEYOND amazing!!! We did our engagement photos with them for our save-the-dates and they both made us feel so relaxed and at ease. Ben and Ashley have such amazing personalities and always give you new reasons to smile. They know how to make you laugh and to make you feel comfortable and capture it all perfectly. I have only seen 3 wedding pictures so far, but the ones I have seen are beautiful and I can't wait to see the rest! Even my husband, who wasn't too crazy about the photography in the first place, said that it was one of his favorite parts of our wedding day and he is really looking forward to seeing them all. Those are the kind of photographers that Ashley and Ben are, they make you feel at ease and very comfortable. They are also extremely reasonable on their pricing and I plan to use them for future photography opportunities in our lives.

Cake - Jenny Ramsey - A+++
   My great aunt has her own cake business and made my wedding cake for me. It was absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted! She makes her own butter cream icing and it is DELICIOUS! The cake she makes is extremely soft, moist, and very tasty. She also made our wedding favors which were groom and bride cake pops in a variety of flavors for the guests. Our guests loved them so much and they were so good! I was so glad she got to make our wedding cake and everything turned out great. She has very reasonable prices and is great to work with for any wedding!

Wedding dress - Etsy shop wonderxue - A+++
     They custom made my wedding dress and did an incredible job! All I had to do was send a picture of the dress I wanted and they were able to make it with all the special details. I LOVED my dress and all my guests told me how beautiful it was. So happy I went through them and took the risk! I paid $500 for the dress and it is GORGEOUS! I can get you in contact with them if you need, because they no longer have an etsy shop.

Alterations - Dolly's Designs - A+++
     Dolly's Designs is a very small alterations shop right near my house. She only charged $20 for the alterations on my wedding dress and did an amazing job. She is a very sweet, older woman who did an amazing job on my dress. So happy we found her!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards