February 2014 Weddings

What are you looking forward to this week?

Hello everyone!  I'm recovering from my rather grueling walking event before I continue with my summer plans (when you see tough American soldiers wincing in pain beside you, you know its hard!).  What's everyone been up to this week?  Anything exciting?  Anything boring? 

I'm trying to beat the heat in a country that doesn't really believe in air-conditioning.  It is about 35 C out today, which is too hot for my liking.  Makes me miss 20 degrees below . . . but when I'm stuck in that temperature, I know I'll be pining after the warmth.  But, the heart wants what it wants.

In a week from today, I am so excited that my long distance relationship will be officially over!  Not in that I'm breaking it off, but that my FI is coming to be with me for a month, and then I go home with him.  And because of this the week seems to be going agonizingly slow.  Anyone else got something exciting (besides getting married) that they are looking forward to?  Mid-week plans?  The new Wolverine movie (I think it comes out this Friday?)  Mmmm Hugh Jackman. 

Re: What are you looking forward to this week?

• Congrats on getting closer to your fiancé, kerbohl!!  i went through a 3 year ldr white my fh was in grad school... definitely a challenge.  After he graduated I literally put my arms around him and walked around awkwardly hugging him for like an hour and telling him he could never leave for anything ever again.  One of the happiest days of my life haha.

I'll be spending the rest of the week preparing to move!  Not really looking forward to packing and all that... but I don't want to be all negative here so this week I am looking forward to meeting new people at a networking event I will be attending at work and also to begin training for a half marathon I'm running in October.  
  • My fiance and I were long distance for the first 16 months of our relationship. I remember him coming home from the Navy and giving him the biggest hug knowing he was never leaving me again!

Working a temp job this week. Kinda dull cause it's filing but it will pay the bills.

This weekend going to the Renaissance Fair with my fiance. I'll be in my maiden costume and he'll probably where his monk costume again. I love the fair and it's a highlight of my summer.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @fre3doms Take me with you to the Renaissance Faire!  I'm going to one called "Castlefest" next Friday which I am excited for, but I went last year and was slightly disappointed by the lack of castles.  Seriously, there were zero.  False advertising!

@GabbyBarks Good luck with your move.  Yes, moving does suck, but I hope that it goes smoothly.  And well done on deciding to do a half-marathon! 

• A Castlefest with no castles? That's a little sad. Hope you have fun though still.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards