Texas-Austin
Options

Cupcake Bar for Wedding??

What do ya'll think about a Cupcake Bar for a Wedding?  I thought it be a great way to keep everyone entertained and the kids could get their candy fix with all the candy toppings.

I found a place that charges $3.75 per person - https://www.facebook.com/AustinChocolateFountainRental   Does that seem reasonable?

Please let me know if you've seen this at a wedding and how it went.  Thanks!

Re: Cupcake Bar for Wedding??

• Options
    shaylagirlshaylagirl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited July 2013
    It seems like many people go the cupcake route instead of getting cake.

Personally, I think it sounds like LOTS of fun, except, no lies, chocolate fountains kinda ewwie me out.  Mostly because I know people like to stick their fingers into it, etc.  Also, I'm not sure how well a chocolate fountain works with cupcakes.  Actually, how DOES that work?  Do you stick your cupcake IN to the chocolate fountain and then put stuff on it?  Are the cupcakes already iced?  If so, won't the chocolate kind of ruin it?

Why not just get some plain, already iced cupcakes (or even cupcakes iced in your wedding colors), and go buy the candy and containers yourself and do it that way? 

I suspect it might come out to less than $3.75/pp to try it that way since you can buy candy in bulk.

Just a suggestion!!  Good luck with whatever you do!!

Edited to add:
    Okay, looking at it, you don't do a chocolate fountain WITH the cupcakes!  WHEW!!! You ice the cupcakes and then put toppings on.
    In which case, I do honestly suspect you can do this yourself for less than $3.75/pp.
    True, kiddos can't ice cupcakes themselves, but, that might be for the best.  Can you imagine the mess?  :) 
  • Options
    Yeah, didn't mean to confusion anyone.  Austin Chocolate Occasions does a Chocolate Fountain and a Cupcake Bar.  I'm not talking about having Cupcakes dipped in a Chocolate Fountain!

They will set up a Cupcake Bar with a "bartender" to make custom cupcakes for your guests - choice of flavors, fillings and toppings.  I don't want to deal with anything DIY and love that someone will take care of everything so kids don't make a mess and the presentation stays neat and clean.  Seems like a great way to entertain guests of all ages.  Another Cupcake Bar in Austin charges $5 per person to do the same thing - which I think is too much.

I saw their Cupcake Bar and Chocolate Fountain set up at the Texas Old Town Open House (I'm still looking for a venue) and was really impressed.  Even the Chocolate Fountain was very neat and elegant.  They have an attendant to serve guests and keep everything clean and neat - their chocolate tasted good too.  They also had this huge, awesome looking fountain.

But, I thought the Cupcake Bar was different and would be alot of fun as I'm having alot of family with kids and teens - this would keep them busy and entertained.  Anyone had a Cupcake Bar before?
  • Options
    This is what the Cupcake Bar setup from Austin Chocolate Occasions looks like - anyone have any info/opinion?:

• Options
    Try Sugar Mama's for a cupcake bar -- www.sugarmamasbakeshop.com/

WONDERFUL CUPCAKES !!
  • Options

I second Sugar Mama's cupcakes! In fact, I try and make it a point to see them once a week at their local bakeshop in South Austin. Always a sweet way to end the day, I think. I will definitely consider them for our cupcakes/deserts once that time rolls around and we get closer to finalizing our budget per vendor.

@TexasBrideMel: How did you like Texas Old Towne? A friend of mine just had her wedding there a couple months back and it was a very lovely outdoor event. Are you still searching around? I found a venue that had similar characteristics but was tons more affordable and flexible with their vendors. We just locked it in and our date is set for May 3, 2014. =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards