Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday questions!

So it's Tuesday and I'm bored at work so since it's 4 months until my wedding, I'm going to make these questions wedding themed. 

1. Favorite wedding color combination.

2. If you had the choice to get married anywhere in the world, where would it be?

3. Garter/ Bouquet Toss? Yes? No? Maybe so?

4. Have you ever been to a uniquely themed bridal shower or pre-wedding party? If so, what was the theme?

5. Favorite signature cocktail tried at a wedding.

6. Would you wear a wedding dress that wasn't white or ivory?

7. Favorite food or app tried at a wedding.

8. Have you ever witnessed an awkward/embarrassing moment at a wedding?

9. Have you ever seen the couple's pets used in their wedding?

10. As a guest to the wedding, what would be your favorite part/moment? 

Re: Tuesday questions!

• edited July 2013
    1. Favorite wedding color combination. Oh gosh I don't know ... my personal favorite colors are autumnal, so like browns, reds, oranges, yellows. I haven't personally seen a wedding with those colors yet.

2. If you had the choice to get married anywhere in the world, where would it be? In the town we live in.

3. Garter/ Bouquet Toss? Yes? No? Maybe so? No. And I just deleted about 10 additional no's.

4. Have you ever been to a uniquely themed bridal shower or pre-wedding party? If so, what was the theme? Nope.

5. Favorite signature cocktail tried at a wedding. Never had a signature cocktail at a wedding - don't know if they're just not "in" in my circle or what the deal is.

6. Would you wear a wedding dress that wasn't white or ivory? I think pale blue would be beautiful.

7. Favorite food or app tried at a wedding. Hasn't been anything particularly special, but I did like the touch of having multiple cake flavors at BF's cousin's wedding.

8. Have you ever witnessed an awkward/embarrassing moment at a wedding? Yeah. Auctioning off the garter at a reception was really really awkward especially when the DJ kept hitting up the guests for more money.

9. Have you ever seen the couple's pets used in their wedding? Nope.

10. As a guest to the wedding, what would be your favorite part/moment? I know I should say the ceremony, but I'm a person of simple pleasures and I'm all about dinner/dessert.
  • edited July 2013

I really love Navy and coral but those are my colors so I’m going to be fair and say I also love mint green and coral or orange and purple.

2. If you had the choice to get married anywhere in the world, where would it be?

I really love the state of Georgia so I would probably stay here or maybe go to SC on the coast. I love plantation homes too.

I’m thinking about doing these but I’m still not too sure.

4. Have you ever been to a uniquely themed bridal shower or pre-wedding party? If so, what was the theme?

Negative. My mother’s friend is hosting a bridal shower for me in September and she asked if I wanted it themed and I really don’t care…I think just saying it’s a bridal shower is fine…she asked if we wanted to do a monograms and mimosas theme but I don’t think FI would appreciate everything in our home being monogramed lol.

My cousin had this margarita cocktail at her wedding last Summer that was really good and refreshing since it was during the summer. I can’t remember all that was in it but I know it had Tequila and some sort of fruit juice.

Probably not…I like Ivory a lot and I don’t think I can pull off any other colors.

My cousin who got married a few years back had these steak skewers with this sauce on it for an app and it was delicious!! Those are so far my fav…my grilled cheese shooter might beat it, we shall see.

Hmmm…well since I have 1000 cousins, my first cousin that got married back when I was in high school, her younger sister was her MOH and she was laughing and snorting during the ceremony which I thought was pretty awkward but that’s it.

9. Have you ever seen the couple’s pets used in their wedding?

No, but I would totally incorporate my goldens if they didn’t have so much hair flying around all over the place.

I love the vows of course and then the speeches. They always make me tear up.

ETA: text size

• These questions are hard for me to answer, but I'll do my best!

I went to a wedding where the colors were black and a mauve-ish red, it was really pretty since the wedding was in the fall too.

IDK if it was with my current BF nowhere far since his mom can't fly and she'd want to be there. If I was marrying Bradley Cooper or someone like that, probably Mexico.

3. Garter/ Bouquet Toss? Yes? No? Maybe so? As a single woman, I HATE both.

4. Have you ever been to a uniquely themed bridal shower or pre-wedding party? If so, what was the theme? My cousin had a 1950's themed bridal shower. My mom had to sew me a poodle skirt which was kind of fun.

5. Favorite signature cocktail tried at a wedding. I went to a DW once where the signature drink at the restaurant was a hibiscus margarita. I drank so so many.

6. Would you wear a wedding dress that wasn't white or ivory? IDK.

7. Favorite food or app tried at a wedding. Not at a wedding but I just tried dates stuffed with gorgonzola cheese and wrapped in bacon for the first time at my friend's company party. They were soooo good.

8. Have you ever witnessed an awkward/embarrassing moment at a wedding? I was in another cousin's wedding where the minister was drunk.

9. Have you ever seen the couple's pets used in their wedding? No.

10. As a guest to the wedding, what would be your favorite part/moment? The exchanging of vows, the bride walking down the aisle. The whole ceremony makes me cry!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • 1. Favorite wedding color combination.
    -I loved mine (is that cheating?)...navy, midnight blue and purples. 

-Bora Bora would have been great.  :)

-No...most of our friends are married so I didn't want to make anyone stand out.

-Can't say that I have.

-I don't know how they made it but it tasted like an orange dreamsicle.  It was yummy.

-When we go to India later this year, I'm sure I'll wear a red sari during the wedding reception H's mom wants to throw us.

-Potato bar...both mashed and sweet with tons of yummy toppings.

-Attempted hook-ups that failed miserably.  :)

-I haven't.  Our dog was around in the hotel we were getting ready at, however, so we got some pictures with him pre-wedding.

-I love the first kiss...I'm sappy that way. 
  • @minskat30, please AW the sari when you wear it! I think they are so gorgeous!

I'll answer the questions later, y'all. I know you're all waiting breathlessly for my answers. Haha JUST KIDDING.
  • @keptinstitches- I'm fine with a simple garter toss but how could someone try to auction off a garter lol? That just seems like the most awkward situation ever lol

@buddysmom80- I may or may not crash Bradley Cooper wedding in Mexico.

@minskat30- I would probably kill a mashed potato bar...like it would all be gone lol.
  • @southernpeach89 - The DJ hit up men and women separately. Men's "pledges" lowered the garter, women's raised it up her leg. And yes, it started well above her knee.
    Anything with coral, and I think orange/yellow and purple look really pretty together.

An island somewhere

Eh don't really care either way on these. They are tacky but they can be really entertaining

Not that I can remember. The shower I planned for my ex BFF was autumn themed, not that original.

Portuguese wine at a Portuguese wedding. DEADLY.

No idea.

@Swazzle 's food was awesome!

Ohhh many.

1) Trying to clear out the candles from my aunt's wedding I spilled wax all down my front because I was drunk (I was 16) and my dad walked back into the tent to find my cousins' husbands and I drunkenly giggling trying to figure out how to get it off of me before my parents noticed.

2) Same wedding, a couple of hours earlier, the bride came flying out of the bathroom because she heard the Electric Slide come on and wanted to slap the DJ, she had toilet paper on her shoe.

3) My cousin's wedding, her husband took the garter off and the group of guys waiting ran out of the way like the fucking thing was on fire. It just kinda landed lamely in the middle of the dance floor and I think the ring bearer may have made off with it.  
    Can't say that I have.

The moment food and/or booze hits my lips. And then dancing.
    mine of course!!

Paris

No it's tacky

Nothing that comes to mind
    I haven't seen to many signature cocktails at weddings. I saw something on Four Weddings it was awesome, they made some kind of cotton candy martini where they poured the alcohol into a martini glass with cotton candy and cotton candy dissolved into the drink. I want to see if may be my venue can do this
    Yes I found one I liked that was a light champagne color
    Not sure
    I really don't remember, notice a theme here... I like to drink at weddings....
    nope
    I look at the groom & his reaction when the bride first comes down the aisle.

Anniversary

Mine were black, grey and white.

If I could go back and redo my whole wedding, I'd get married on an island somewhere in the Caribbean. 

I didn't feel strongly one way or the other but my (single) MOH really wanted me to do a bouquet toss so we did that and skipped the garter toss. 

Nope, they've all been pretty typical.

I've only been to 1 wedding (other than my own) with a signature cocktail and I don't remember what it was. 

No.

Although I didn't get much of it at my actual wedding, I loved ALL of our food so much and I'm glad we did the endless cocktail hour. 

My FIL's GF fell out of her chair at my wedding. Oopsie. 

Nope. 

I love the ceremony SO much. I cry at every wedding ceremony I attend even when I don't know the couple. I also really like good food. And I love to dance. 

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    1. Favorite wedding color combination. Hmm...I like really bright colors like yellow and orange and pink with maybe bits of green and blue.

2. If you had the choice to get married anywhere in the world, where would it be? Red Fish Lake in Idaho. My family used to go camping there every summer and its one of my absolute favorite places, I have nothing but good memories there. Here's a picture:

3. Garter/ Bouquet Toss? Yes? No? Maybe so? I might do a bouquet toss but I'd probably prefer to just skip those traditions unless BF really wants to include them for some reason.

4. Have you ever been to a uniquely themed bridal shower or pre-wedding party? If so, what was the theme? Nope.

5. Favorite signature cocktail tried at a wedding. All the weddings I have been to have been dry or cash bar without any sort of signature drink. If I were picking my own though it would be come sort of Mojito.

6. Would you wear a wedding dress that wasn't white or ivory? No.

7. Favorite food or app tried at a wedding. Honestly, none of the weddings I've been to have had food that was memorable.

8. Have you ever witnessed an awkward/embarrassing moment at a wedding? I witness BF's friends have the tackiest wedding I've ever been too. I was embarrassed for them, I don't think  they knew how rude they were though.

9. Have you ever seen the couple's pets used in their wedding? Nope.

10. As a guest to the wedding, what would be your favorite part/moment? My favorite moment is when the bride walks down the aisle. I pretty much always tear up.

ETA: @KeptInStitches - that garter auction sounds horrifying! Were people into it or just bewildered at the tackiness of it?

@Peaseblossom55 - remind me, what are you wedding colors?

• phiraphira member
    1. Favorite wedding color combination. I sort of want to try sapphire, emerald, and ruby, but it's a little too bold for my personality.

2. If you had the choice to get married anywhere in the world, where would it be? Boston's Museum of Science. If only I had MONEY!

3. Garter/ Bouquet Toss? Yes? No? Maybe so? Nope. My brother and sister-in-law didn't do this at all, and I didn't even realize it until a few days later. If I didn't miss it, I don't want it.

4. Have you ever been to a uniquely themed bridal shower or pre-wedding party? If so, what was the theme? I've only ever been to a couple of bridal showers, and they were pretty much "bridal shower" themed. So, nope.

5. Favorite signature cocktail tried at a wedding. I've only been to one wedding (since adulthood) without an open bar. They had lemonade, iced tea, bourbon, and vodka. It was just okay.

6. Would you wear a wedding dress that wasn't white or ivory? I have my heart set on wearing navy, so hells yeah. I think that you should feel as beautiful and amazing as possible when you're getting married. I look terrible in white and ivory, and similar off-whites and pastels. I love how I look in navy blue, and I can't wait to feel gorgeous on my wedding day.

7. Favorite food or app tried at a wedding. My cousin's wedding salad was spring greens with strawberries, shaved parmesan, and balsamic vinaigrette. It's been almost 7 years since the wedding and I still remember how awesome it was.

8. Have you ever witnessed an awkward/embarrassing moment at a wedding? My partner's brother and sister-in-law did a terrible job planning their wedding. The most obviously awkward moment was when they cut their cake without anyone present. They didn't know it was "a thing." When my partner's mom found out, she wanted them to cut it again. Then the bride's father found out, and they had to cut it AGAIN. They ended up cutting the cake about 4 times.

9. Have you ever seen the couple's pets used in their wedding? Nope. If we had a dog, we'd probably involve him/her in the wedding, but we have a bird, and he's not coming with us. We're going to try to incorporate him in some way--using his feathers, designing a logo with a bird in it, bird cake toppers, etc.

10. As a guest to the wedding, what would be your favorite part/moment? My favorite parts are always the vows, and then the epic dance party that usually breaks out right before the end of the night.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @csousa- I don't think I've ever had Portuguese wine. What brand do you like? Also I just spit out my coffee about the Electric Slide story...that's hilarious! I would have laughed if I saw a bride try to run over with toilet paper on her shoe and slap a DJ.

@Peaseblossom55- I saw that cotton candy Martini somewhere before. I think it was at Marlows Tavern or maybe O'Charley's but it was sooo good!

• suzie211suzie211 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    Mine!!!  But I am really biased. My colors are ivory, champagne, and blush.  I wanted neutrals with just a hint of color. So far I'm really happy with the way things are coming together.

Oval Beach in Saugatuck, MI at sunset.   FI's sister uses a wheelchair to get around so this was a no-go for us.  So we're getting married in my next favorite city:)

NO!!!  These bother me all so much.

One of my girlfriends is from Kentucky, and her family threw her a Derby themed shower.  Hats and horse race themed games all around.  It was lots of fun.

We don't see a lot of these in our circle, the only one done was a cherry rum frozen slushy at a wedding in TX this past March.

I actually went looking for a blush dress originally.  Was crazy about one until the consultant put me in my dress.  Game over for the blush.

Its probably a close tie between the Oak Mill Bakery viennese hour and the mashed potato bar at two separate weddings last year.

No, but my BFF was in a wedding where the bride and groom's family got into such a fight the police were called to break it up.  The bride then had the photographer take pictures of her on one of the cop cars with the lights going.

No. If my cousin could've found a venue that would let his horse in, he 100% would've brought her though.

I love the ceremony and especially the exchange of vows.  I cry every single time.   I also love a good dance party!

ETA the rest of my comments.  My computer must've eaten them the first time.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Phira - I saw a Navy striped wedding dress on Style Me Pretty (yes I indulge my BSCness there!) the other day. It was gorgeous!

• I don't get notified sometimes when people tag me in posts this is strange... does it happen to anyone else?

@bethsmiles our colors are blush pink yellow with accents of cream and gold

@southernpeach89 I've never had one before, I may have to experiment with it before offering something like that at my wedding.  It seems cool and different but if it doesn't taste good then what's the point.

Anniversary

• phiraphira member
    @bethsmiles That sounds so gorgeous!!! We're planning on a fall/winter wedding, but that would be so perfect for something summer/nautical themed!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Peaseblossom55 - Oh I love those colors together!

• @bethsmiles - So much bewildered.
  • @bethsmiles, thanks I hope they work out like I envision.  The blush, gold and cream are all going to be muted the yellow is going to be pretty bright, FI's favorite color is bright yellow.

Anniversary

• @livleighton you have such amazing embarrassing wedding stories haha. I aspire to be like you :)

1. Favorite wedding color combination. I like regal colors like garnet, navy, forest green, plum. We're doing garnet and silver :)

2. If you had the choice to get married anywhere in the world, where would it be? Anywhere that all our family could be. Since they're all over the east coast, Virginia was our best compromise.

3. Garter/ Bouquet Toss? Yes? No? Maybe so? Nope. I don't like being the center of attention especially for not being married yet. I'm not a cow being brought to auction. My bros fiancé and I always avoided the bouquet. We were the next two engaged after my sisters wedding lol

4. Have you ever been to a uniquely themed bridal shower or pre-wedding party? If so, what was the theme? Nope. I went to a lingerie shower for a girl from church once which was uber awkward as it was all church people.

5. Favorite signature cocktail tried at a wedding. I've never seen one of these done.

6. Would you wear a wedding dress that wasn't white or ivory? Probably not. Fi actually requested that I wear white so I made it happen lol

7. Favorite food or app tried at a wedding. We went to a wedding once with amazing coconut shrimp. They also had a ton of mini desserts and are my dessert inspiration for my wedding lol.

8. Have you ever witnessed an awkward/embarrassing moment at a wedding? I tend to hear about them afterwards. My cousin took home my sisters boyfriends wallet at a wedding once and then threw it at her mom (who didnt know the boyfriends last name lol). It was a disaster.

9. Have you ever seen the couple's pets used in their wedding? Nope.

10. As a guest to the wedding, what would be your favorite part/moment? Food. I appreciate the little details too. And love family weddings simply because my family is awesome. I always have more fun at family weddings than friend weddings which I think isn't very typical.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    1. Favorite wedding color combination. I just like colors. I am partial to the champagne/beige and coral combination, but I think all colors are wonderful. If BF and I ever did a traditional wedding we would have to incorporate some blue, as it is his favorite color.

2. If you had the choice to get married anywhere in the world, where would it be? Any zoo or aquarium, I think that would be so much fun! Or if it's just the two of us, I am more than happy with the courthouse or hiring an officiant to come out to a state park and marry us outside. I think BF would like that.

3. Garter/ Bouquet Toss? Yes? No? Maybe so? I'm not a fan. Fortunately I haven't been subjected to any as a guest, but I think I would straight up refuse, one, because I am so clumsy and would definitely injure myself or somebody else, and two, because it's a silly tradition in my opinion.

4. Have you ever been to a uniquely themed bridal shower or pre-wedding party? If so, what was the theme? Have not.

5. Favorite signature cocktail tried at a wedding. The only wedding I've been to so far in life didn't have any alcohol.

6. Would you wear a wedding dress that wasn't white or ivory? Definitely. BF and I have always said that we'd prefer a very casual wedding or courthouse wedding, so I'm not obsessed with the traditional bridal gown (although I do think the lacy ones are gorgeous!). My grandmother just wore her best dress the day she got married, which was green, so I'd love to incorporate that - especially since green is a great color on me and BF says he will probably get me an emerald or peridot engagement ring.

7. Favorite food or app tried at a wedding. Well, I've been to just the one, and BF and I immediately went to Cracker Barrel afterward to stuff our faces, so...we weren't just in love with the food. It was OK, there just wasn't anything more filling than pasta salad, and it was a lunchtime wedding (11:30 am to about 4ish).

8. Have you ever witnessed an awkward/embarrassing moment at a wedding? Same wedding I'm referencing. The only awkward thing was when we arrived at the reception venue and waited literally FOREVER (OK, maybe 45 minutes) to be introduced because no one could find a microphone. And my name was horribly mispronounced, and it was clear the speaker had no idea how to say it, so that was weird for me. Nothing too egregious other than that.

9. Have you ever seen the couple's pets used in their wedding? Nope. As long as the pets are well behaved and taken care of during, I think that is a fun idea - I love pets!

10. As a guest to the wedding, what would be your favorite part/moment? The ceremony - everything from the bride walking down the aisle to the vows. If the food is good, DEFINITELY the food. And just dancing and having fun with everybody.
    Navy, cornflower blue and white

I would still get married in Scottsdale, but somewhere with a better view of the mountains and maybe next to a man-made lake.

Hell no. I hated that as a single guest, so I didn't do it to my single guests.

No

None that I can remember.  

Probably not. To me the definition of a wedding dress is white/ivory.

No idea. 

My bridesmaid and one of my readers grinding on my BIL while my sister and I stood with jaws dropped. We recovered quickly and snapped a couple pics/videos. My poor BIL didn't know what to do. 

Shame on all of you NEYers that said no. @flygirlmeg used her dog in her wedding! In hindsight, I would have tried a little harder to do this, it was just very logistically difficult. 

I like everything about weddings. Heartfelt vows, attire, food, good music, dancing, and drinking. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I will gladly go BSC for 2 seconds, cause I'm bored ;) Also, my stupid computer won't let me cut and paste, so this whole thing is going to show up in a stupid qoute box. My bad.

So it's Tuesday and I'm bored at work so since it's 4 months until my wedding, I'm going to make these questions wedding themed. 

I like rich colors. Deep eggplant purple with a dark grey. Dark wine like reds. BUT I also like the clean crispness of neutrals al la Elle's wedding. I loved the mix match of the BM dresses in the nude shade. Oooh lala

Ronald Regan Building in DC or Old Ebbit Grille in DC
    I think they're ok depending on the couple. Nothing too raunchy though. Like if you're up your bride's dress for too long, my mind is going to start understandably wandering.

Sadly, no.
    Never had a signature cocktail at a wedding, but I might have to serve Pink Panty Dropper at mine (whenever that happens). I'll give it another name cause Pink Panty Dropper doesn't exactly scream 'classy affair', but that shit is bangin'.
    Probably not, myself, but I've seen some gorgeous blush colored dresses on other people.

OMG they were this phyllo cups filled with marscapone cheese topped with a fig puree and a sliver of prosciutto on top. They were the most amazing things I've ever placed in my mouth.

Oh yes. A wedding that I photographed...the MOG was paying for the bar. Apparently she never told the Bride that it was going to be open bar for only the cocktail hour and then switch to cash bar. Well when it switched and the bride saw people pulling out their wallets she had a fit. Instead of working it out herself to pay for the remaining hours, she screamed at the MOG in front of just about everyone, screamed at her groom for not sticking up for her, and then locked herself in the bridal party room upstairs and continued to scream and throw a giant tantrum. She never came out. Bridesmaids were sobbing over the situation. So there was no cutting of the cake, no reception photos, no nothing. None of the vendors knew what to do except for the band. They kept playing their hearts out. I think we all had to scrape our jaws off the floor at the end of the night.

No, but I did have a couple bring their dog after the ceremony while we were doing portraits, get a few good shots, and then had a GM take him back home.

The vows and the father/daughter mother/son dances. Oh and the FOB speech (if given).
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @Amapola14 - I think a green wedding dress sounds awesome! I love green, it's one of my favorite colors.

I love navy and pink, neutrals, and green and grey.

Tough question, as I have never entertained the idea. I would say Portugal or Cozumel.

I'm def not a fan of the garter and bouquet toss. I don't understand what is so enjoyable about this tradition. In my experience, it's always awk-ward.

I don't know if this counts, but I have been to a bunch of clambakes for rehearsals and engagement parties. I haven't been to a themed bridal shower though.

I just went to a wedding that had an AMAZING signature drink. It was just called the bride's drink, but it had pineapple, st. germain and vodka. Tasted exactly like a scorpion bowl. Everyone mentioned it to her via fb following the wedding lol

Probably not. Just can't see it.

I'm a fan of the late night snack...bring on the food truck! I love antipasto displays, clamcake and chowder shooters, clams casino...I love seafood at weddings.

Everyone filled the dance floor at the end of the night for the final song, Fun's "We are Young". It was a great time, until the lights came on and the groom looked at his hand and his ring was missing! The DJ announced the mishap and all of the guests got on all fours, drunkenly looking for the groom's wedding ring. I stood for a minute in the madness and had to hide my laughter..,thankfully a guest found the ring under a table, so it's a really funny story to tell.

The last wedding I went to used their dog in the ceremony.

My favorite part is always the ceremony, even if it is in a stuffy church and takes an hour. I love seeing the father and groom's faces light up...def hits my soft spot.
  • @bethsmiles, haha thanks! I love the traditional gowns but I just cannot see myself feeling natural and comfortable in one. I like my dresses short and colorful! BF is relieved by this attitude because he knows when the time comes I won't care what the hell he's wearing; we will just get married as we are.
  • @Amapola14 - I think that's such a great attitude to have! I love weddings that really fit the bride and groom's personality even if it means straying from tradition :)

• @livleighton Shame on me then :) I've never seen one in person either!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards