South Carolina

Intimate ceremony & need help remembering a plantation name

Hello, my fiancé and I are looking into a possible destination wedding with only immediate family (30-40 guests max). I'd love to get married on a plantation. Is it possibly to reserve these for just a ceremony. I'm sure it is but it's the rates on the websites that can be a little confusing. Any suggestions?
Also, I remember doing a search, I'm pretty sure it was south Carolina, for an old plantation. There's absolutely nothing on the property but a few ruins. Not even restrooms. Everything would've had to have been brought in but it was a beautiful property with oak and moss and looked out onto a swampy river. Does anyone know where it is I'm talking about. I cant remember the name of the place and it's driving me crazy!

Re: Intimate ceremony & need help remembering a plantation name

• It may be magnolia plantation in Charleston sc! My cousin got married there a few years back. Im getting married in upstate SC at Walnut Grove Plantation. You can reserve them for the wedding, they usually have a contract that lays out all of the rules. 
  • You can email any venue and ask them for specific pricing information.  Don't be intimidated.  The plantation you are thinking of is definitely not Magnolia, there is a lot at Magnolia, not just some ruins.  I live in Charleston and I don't know what type of place you are talking about.  Drayton Hall doesn't have much on the site other than the main house and a gift shop, perhaps that is what you are thinking of? 
  • It may not be in Charleston. Once I started thinking about it I remembered seeing it in either Brides magazine or Southern Weddings magazine. After some searching this town called Yemessee(?) is sounding familiar.
  • RUNNYMEDE PLANTATION! I finally was able to track down the magazine I originally saw it in. Thank you all for your help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards