Michigan-Detroit

Affordable Reception Vendors

My wedding budget is under $7,000. I'm having a hard time finding affordable vendors that will allow me to supply my own food. Any suggestions?

Re: Affordable Reception Vendors

• Btw, I'm looking for an outdoor ceremony and reception for no more that 100 people.
  • edited July 2013
    What area are you looking for and what timeframe? Does 7k need to include everything (location, food, drinks, dj, decorations, dress...blah blah blah)?
  • My date is May 18,2015. There will be no more than 70 guests, and 7k is the total budget for everything. And i want an outdoor wedding.
  • Look into Van Hoosen farmin Rochester Hills...you have to brin in your own food and their rental price isn't too crazy...very pretty farm
  • Will do, thank you
  • Omg I just saw all my spelling errors in my previous post...so sorry! Also check out Oakwood Chapel in Oxford or rivercrest in rochester also has outdoor space. If we hadn't been offered my cousins property we were looking there.
  • If your wedding is May 15th you may want an indoor option. We got married at Greenmead Village in Livonia, at 8 Mile Rd & Newburgh Rd intersections. Click on "bio" link below and there are links to vendors and photographs. There is a chapel and banquet venue, both with max capacity of 100. They will allow you to set up tents, which would have been an option if we wanted it. It's a lovely city park with great gardens.

We had 73 people, used Holiday Market in Royal Oak to cater, brought in our own alcohol and it was under $6000. Holiday Market will supply the linens, eating utensils, plates, glassware, chef, servers, chafing dishes. The food was marvelous and the guests raved about it. Their bakery also made a delicious cake. We only had beer & wine and a signature drink, purchased our wine from Champane's Wine Cellar in Warren on 13 Mile Rd east of Van Dyke.

• One big issue with finding a venue on a budget is the food option. The Majority doesn't allow outside caterers and if much rather have my own food that I know will taste good and fit into my budget.
  • I actually live in that area, I'll Google it. Was 6k your total budget or the venue cost?
  • CintiaDarice: That was my WHOLE wedding. The rental (my husband was a Livonia resident) was about $1000 for both the venue and chapel which we used. I believe the food and items from Holiday Market (staff, chef, chafing dishes, linens, cake,plates, utensils, glassware) were about $4300. The officiant & Dj were the same person, he supplied bartenders & keg too. The 24 bottles of various wines from Champane Wine Cellars was $220.

When you say "your own food", do you mean you and family will make it? Holiday Market and Joe's Produce catering were FABUOUS food, we had tastings at both. Ultimately we went with Holiday Market, they have a fabulous reputation and I was just more comfortable with them. Seriously, look into gourmet stores that cater: they are more willing to negotiate because they don't just make profits on their catering (like caterers). They already have a fabulous gourmet selection of foods in their stores, and wonderful chefs. I think Randazzos and Vince & Joe's also do catering now.

I did my own decor (flowers from Costco), candles & votive holders from Dealer's Discount Floral in Centerline.

Greenmead has tables & chairs and a dancefloor. Their grounds are lovely. But, you 'd have to work with them to arrange set up outside, and not sure how that would go. We were going to bring in a tent for "overflow" but in the end with only 73 people, not the 100 we invited, everything fit inside. If you want it outdoors, not sure how that will work. You might have an additional expense if you need heaters because it can be cold in May at night, When we got married on August 27, 2011 it ended up being the only nice Saturday night in August. It rained the Saturday before and after our wedding, so we lucked out.

I'd also recommend looking into Stoney Creek, which is part of the Huron Clinton metropark system. They have caterers they work with, not sure how it works.

• I'm in the Thumb and our budget for June 2014 with 100 guests is $5000...and as of right now, I'm under budget. One thing that is really helping keeping our budget in check is that we are having the ceremony and reception at the same venue...not in the same space.Also, our venue doesn't provide booze, so we supply that and our own bartenders. I'll save a couple hundred easily on that aspect. Also, I have really prioritized what aspects of the day are most important to me and that is where I'm putting my money. I'm also not having favors so that savings can go towards making the meal better.
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Such great advice, thanks much.
  • I'm having my wedding at the Lake Nepessing Boat CLub in Lapeer. $600 for all day rental for 2 pavillions and the banquet hall. I get to bring in my own food and alcohol- saving a fortune!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards