Plus-Sized

Should I buy a bigger dress??

I need advice!

Ok, I've gained maybe 50 pounds in the last 18 months. I've tried dieting but somehow the scale keeps creeping up and up.
Been with my fiancé 8 years, he just proposed last month. Our wedding is in June 2014.

I bought a dress online and Uh OH! It's too small! The plan always was to lose weight before the wedding (and have the dress taken in if necessary), but I never thought I'd start out with a dress that was too SMALL! I am so upset!

The dress wasn't that expensive (500$). I again am trying to diet but....what if I can't fit in the dress? Should I sell it and buy a new one?

Re: Should I buy a bigger dress??

• How do you feel about the dress? It seems like if you're willing to sell it than it's not THE dress anyhow. You may be able to find something better that fits you better :)
  • So true! :)  Thanks for the reply!
  • 50 pounds is quite a bit to lose in the next 8-10 months. It can happen, but you'd have to be VERY diligent about working out and eating right.  you need to be honest with yourself about how much effort you are willing to make.  If the answer is "not much", then buy a new dress.
  • I'm going to address this from a different view. You said despite dieting your scale keeps going up & up. My concern is could there possibly be a health issue that is making the scale go up. My suggestion is to keep track of all your food intake & activity (you can even use a free site like sparks people or myfitnesspal) while keeping track of weight changes for a 2-3 week period. If the scale continues to go up, take your food/actvity journal with you & go see a doctor for help.

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer by bringing up health issues, but your scale is going up for one of two reasons. You either aren't eating as well as you think you are or there is a health issue which needs to be addressed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards