Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

one or two person DJ team?

How many of you ladies are using a Dj who brings a helper vs a DJ that does not? I am torn between two- The first has a personality that I think fits better with our friends, but he is more expensive and does not bring a second person, while the second has a second person, is also a nice guy, and is $500 less.

Re: one or two person DJ team?

• What does the second person do?  I've never seen two DJ's at an event, but I would go with personality and price first. 
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • It sounds like the helper runs the equipment while the main DJ interacts with guests and selects the music.. When I interviewed him, he said that he was like a Day of Coordinator- like he runs the show for the photographer and a caterer and makes sure everything runs smoothly.

I called one of his professional references, and they gave him very good reviews for organization and making sure the event runs smoothly.

I found him though a friend who used him, then her sister and cousin used him as well. I have never seen him preform, but I think we are going with him. He is also reasonably priced.  His name is DJ Mickie Mic. He only has 4 reviews on wedding wire, but all were 5 star.
  • the helper is good for the dj to have if the dj needs to eat or use the washroom or whatever need be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards