Wisconsin
Options

Wedding/Reception Site

Hi!  We live in central Wisconsin but have decided to look at venues throughout Wisconsin, because we don't love anything locally.  I have contacted and am looking at some sites in the 3rd Ward in Milwaukee but am looking for other locations to look at as well...  Ideally I would like one location that can be used for the ceremony and the reception, as people will already have a drive to get there (and not be familiar w/ the area).  I know that I do not want a hotel/reception hall (unless it is unique).  I don't LOVE one particular look, but I want something that isn't cookie cutter...

Re: Wedding/Reception Site

• Options
    If you are looking in the Madison area, I would recommend Lake Windsor Golf Club.  We had both our ceremony and reception there, and we loved it!
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    kl1987 said:
    Hi!  We live in central Wisconsin but have decided to look at venues throughout Wisconsin, because we don't love anything locally.  I have contacted and am looking at some sites in the 3rd Ward in Milwaukee but am looking for other locations to look at as well...  Ideally I would like one location that can be used for the ceremony and the reception, as people will already have a drive to get there (and not be familiar w/ the area).  I know that I do not want a hotel/reception hall (unless it is unique).  I don't LOVE one particular look, but I want something that isn't cookie cutter...

While I appreciate this sentiment, you would be doing your guests (who are travelling) a great favor by having at least the reception at a hotel.

None of them would have the need to worry about driving back to a hotel in an area they are not familiar with late at night.

Here's the most all-inclusive list of venues that I know of...

http://www.marriedinmilwaukee.com/milwaukee-reception-halls

• Options

Hi- I realize you decided on Milwaukee for your reception but I also live in central Wisconsin and we are doing everything at the Rothschild Pavilion.
    This is the link to the website;
    http://rothschildwi.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=16&Itemid=51

The photos don't do it justice. We had appointments to look at 4 or 5 different places but we went to the pavilion first and decided right then that we didn’t need to look at anymore. Candlewood Suites is the hotel we are going with and they are doing a free shuttle service from the Pavilion to the hotel all night.

Amber & Chris
  • Options
    Wow.  Rothschild is beautiful! I wish there were something like that closer to Milwaukee.  
  • Options
    We are getting married at Central Coast restaurant in Ft. Atkinson - having both the ceremony and reception there, as they can accomodate a larger group (I think up to 350). It's a higher end restaurant but also has a ballroom area where they hold ballroom competitions, so the "reception" area is set up fabulously for a wedding reception. I think it's a really unique space if you are looking to have everything in one spot. Also, two hotels in town not more than a mile or so away (we are providing a shuttle back to the hotel for our guests). 

http://www.centralcoastrestaurant.com/weddings the pictures do not do the place justice!

They have both indoor and outdoor ceremonies.
  • Options
    we are getting married at the Best Place in downtown Milwaukee..its the old Pabst brewery and has an old German beer hall feel
  • Options
    I agree with Kateliann. The old Pabst brewery is spectacular, very unique, and has a great feel to it. Plus, they have a hotel attached that has these real great loft rooms so your guests can stay on premise without it feeling like a hotel ballroom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards