Second Weddings

Traditions for Second Wedding?

My fiance and I are getting married in September. It is a Destination Wedding. Its going to be beautiful and perfect! It is my second wedding, his first. I am wearing white because I want to. But, my fiance asked me the other day if i had my Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue. I never thought about this. At all. Hmmmm? It is okay to get married without all that, right?!

Re: Traditions for Second Wedding?

• It's totally fine to get married without all that - unless you want it. 
  • I didn't do that for my first wedding or my second!

• If he asked, maybe it's an important tradition to him? Could you think of simple ways to do it? Maybe a borrowed, old accessory, new lingerie, and each of your initials embroidered or even just written in an inconspicuous place on an inside hem of your dress or the bottom of your shoes in blue? I think it's cute he thought to ask!
  • I didn't do it for my first wedding and wasn't planning to this time either. I don't think my FI would even know enough about that to ask.
  • It's supposed to be good luck if you, and bad luck if you don't. But as you can see by responses, it doesn't really matter.
  • I don't think, Most of the people will not follow the tradition for the second wedding. If the wedding couples wants it, then they can go for it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards