Wedding Party

Bridesmaid dresses

Has anyone tried the infinity/multi-way convertible dress.. Thought about using them to make it easier on my bridesmaids (pick a color and they wear it however they want) plus they can wear it again at a later date http://www.dessy.com/dresses/twist-long/#.UfBlvMu9KK0

Re: Bridesmaid dresses

• Don't do it! These dresses are awful. They show every single lump and will absolutely not stay in place without being pinned.

If you buy these, buy some spanx and safety pins while you're at it. You'll need them.
  • Just pick a designer and color and tell them to find a dress they like within that criteria. And make sure you ask them privately about budgets before you go shopping.
  • i agree with PDKH, similar color but different styles which bridesmaid will feel comfortable is a good ideas. infinity/multi-way convertible dress kinda hard to wear and might have to wear nubra...
  • Nope nope nope. They don't stay tied and they look terrible on any person who's not a curveless stick. If you really want them to be able to wear their dress again, just pick a color and tell them to buy whatever they like. Black is, of course, the most versatile as well as the most likely to match.
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper

Also, $180 is a LOT for a dress in my opinion. Make sure you've asked your girls their budgets privately!

• I've never even seen these dresses,but every time someone asks about them, the reviews of other Knotties is so horrible that I know I would never purchase or wear one. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieL73 said:
    I've never even seen these dresses,but every time someone asks about them, the reviews of other Knotties is so horrible that I know I would never purchase or wear one. 

I've seen them reviewed in other places, and they always get a thumbs-down.
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    Nope nope nope. They don't stay tied and they look terrible on any person who's not a curveless stick. If you really want them to be able to wear their dress again, just pick a color and tell them to buy whatever they like. Black is, of course, the most versatile as well as the most likely to match.

All of this. These dresses shows every single lump and bump. Also, they dresses have absolutely no support. My 34Ds flopped all over the place, even with the bandeau.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was just wondering because we have found them for sale for $65 here in a local store and I thought that they would be a fairly good deal.
    mlg78 said:

Also, $180 is a LOT for a dress in my opinion. Make sure you've asked your girls their budgets privately!

• Sara9422 said:
    I was just wondering because we have found them for sale for $65 here in a local store and I thought that they would be a fairly good deal.
    mlg78 said:

I've seen some photos of some bridal parties that tried to do this.  Honestly, they all look sloppy and like they are really hoping something doesn't pop out.  They look great on the models int he photos and they are a great theory, but unless your bridesmaids are all 5'9", very thin, with no chest... I would pick another option.
  • I don't even think that dress looks that good on the model. It's not symmetrical enough for my taste. the "sleeves"' don't match quite right (and that's with the professionals rolling them up).
    In the back it looks like someone found an oversized, wrinkled jersey on the floor, rolled it up and figured they could use it in the back to hold a dress up.
    Also when I think about anyone who might have boobs... with that dress I just keep envisioning storing a walnut in a sock. Go figure.

The most flattering dress on almost ANYONE is a dress that's properly fitted and tailored to look good on their body. Dresses like this that are supposedly meant for all body parts end up not flattering any one body type much at all.

And as others said, this could end up looking really sloppy. I think the tie job on the model in the back looks sloppy, and that's professional. Imagine what problems some of our girls might have.

And $65 sounds like a reasonable price for bridesmaid dresses in general, but not if it's a dress none of them like. You can find other dresses out there for that.

If you haven't already, ask each bridesmaid her budget in private so you know what price point you're looking at. If this dress is still in that range, it wouldn't hurt to have them try it on (in fact I'd encourage it). But maybe keep looking too.
  • Bubblegum5586Bubblegum5586 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2013
    I have never seen this in person, but on one of those bridal shows the bridesmaids had to wear them. They HATED them, none of them could figure out how to tie theirs, they didn't have enough support etc. I think its a great idea, but currently not executed properly. 

I agree with PP when they say to pick a color, fabric, length and even a designer (to insure the same shade) and let your girls pick what ever they want! Then they will likely wear that dress again and each one will be smokin' hot because they will look their best in a flattering dress. I have 6 girls and they got theirs at DB, the most expensive one was $119 with a coupon! Each one looks amazing in theirs and I can't wait to see them all together!!!

DB also has a part on their website that you can "dress your party" kind of creepy,but I still had fun seeing all the styles together!

Anniversary
  • Bubblegum5586Bubblegum5586 member
    edited July 2013
    Meant to attached this to my previous post. Here are my girls!!!! 

It's weird that in this picture they are different lengths (which doesn't bother me) but in real life somehow with the heights of each girl... they all end up right at their knee!!!

Anniversary
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Don't do it. These are terribly unflattering in person. On everyone, regardless of body type. 
  • Well I was leaning towards these dresses but maybe not.  I was going to order from www.convertiblewrapdress.com; the pictures look nice to me, I guess... the girls come in all shapes and sizes, they have a gallery on the site.

Idk maybe I will reconsider... maybe I will order one for myself and wear it and see what happens...
  • GB520GB520 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    So glad I saw this post. I was thinking about it for my BM' s. My friend wore one for another wedding but I didn't ask her about it after the wedding only before. 
  • Blue_BirdBlue_Bird member
    edited July 2013
    talesenicole- You'll notice in those pictures that they never show the models from the back. They are clipped and pinned to make the dress look right in the front, but the back is a disaster.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards