Wedding Party

Help! Gifts for bridal and groom's party??

Hi Guys!  A few questions I would love your suggestions on:

• Unique, personal and inexpensive gift ideas for bridal party.  Not trying to sound cheap, I'm just a broke college student and I want to give my girls something special.  Also is jewelry to wear with their dresses a must-do gift?
  • My 2 Maids of honor really have gone above and beyond, should I get them additional gifts?
  • My fiancée does not drink and is trying to find gifts for his grooms party which do not revolve around alcohol (this is actually pretty tricky)

Thanks for any help and suggestions!!!! :)

Re: Help! Gifts for bridal and groom's party??

• Jewelry to wear with their dresses is actually NOT preferred. They can pick out their own or wear what they already have. The only thing my bride got us were earring that will never go with anything else and we'll never wear again. I suppose if you want to, you can, but it definitely shouldn't be your actual gift.

I wouldn't worry about getting your MOH's extra gifts. If you get them a card just let them know how grateful you are and how much you appreciated everything they did.

You (and your FI) should shop for your wedding party as though it was each person's birthday. Something tailored for them specifically. What are your budgets? Maybe your FI could get them nice straight razors for shaving. Or he could take them to a baseball game. You can usually get tickets for pretty cheap. Cufflinks? Pocket knives? As long as it's thoughtful. :)
  • You need to shop for them like it's their birthday or Christmas and get them individual gifts, things you would give them if you weren't getting married. They don't have to be (and usually shouldn't) all the same thing. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    • Unique, personal and inexpensive gift ideas for bridal party.  Not trying to sound cheap, I'm just a broke college student and I want to give my girls something special.  Also is jewelry to wear with their dresses a must-do gift?Jewelry is not a requirement, you can let your friends wear something they already have or buy something new if they want.
    • My 2 Maids of honor really have gone above and beyond, should I get them additional gifts? Totally optional. Being on a budget, what about inviting them over a homemade meal or drinks? Or if your coffee drinkers, coffee/snack at your favorite little coffee shop.  A little girl time is always fun. Something you can do afterwards for them, if you get the rights to your photos, watch groupon for discounts on places like picaboo or shutterfly. You can make them their own mini photo albums with photos of the day for them to have something special to remember the day. It's something they will be able to pull out in 25 years and look back on.
    • My fiancée does not drink and is trying to find gifts for his grooms party which do not revolve around alcohol (this is actually pretty tricky) What do they like to do when they hang out? Here are some ideas - Golf balls, gift cards for resturants they like to go to, tickets to a local sporting event, something with a favorite sports team logo on it, if they are into gaming something to go with that. 
  • Try etsy.com, I've found many lovely things for my wedding party that are decently priced. it all depends on how much you want to spend.
    I splurged because I'm having a destination wedding so they are dishing out quite a bit for hotel and flights. My BM'S are getting Tiffany & Co key chains, with a bracelet, A Tory Burch makeup up bag with trinkets I added to make a "bridesmaids survival kit"and Voluspa candles as well as a personalized tote bag.
    My soon to be brother in law doesn't drink so we stayed away from anything alcohol themed out of respect so each are getting cufflinks and a money clip.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards