Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Aston Oaks Space

Hello there!

So I have been having a panic moment for the past few days about my reception venue.  Our reception is at Aston Oaks Golf Course next May, and I love the place!  Lindsey is great, good price, good photo opportunities, and I have only heard good things about it.  The space fits 300 "comfortably" which is also their max capacity.  We are inviting 300, and my panic moment has come in that I do not want the space to feel cramped and tight.  Has anyone been to Aston Oaks with a large reception?  Or is someone having their wedding at Aston Oaks as well with that big of a guest count?  I'm worried....Advice, please! :)

Re: Aston Oaks Space

• Options
    We looked there as well, but had to go with a different location as we ended up exceeding 300.  You will have a very small dance floor.  We were also concerned about a bottleneck at the bar area.  Consider different table options instead of round.  Also discuss tables outside.
  • Options

Thank you for the advice.  I wonder if Aston Oaks has rectangular tables?  I am thinking not, but I'll have to ask.  We have already talked about tables outside, but as always weather is a factor (you never know with May!)  I suppose I just thought the space was big enough when we initially looked at it and booked it, but we recently went to look at it when it was all set up for a wedding a few weeks ago, and I began to worry. 

Anyone else have any advice/experiences to share about the space with a large group of people? 

• Options
    I think you're both right with regards to rectangular tables vs round if that's an option. Good luck though!!
  • Options
    JahoJaho member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My sister got married there in September and I thought it was on the brink of getting crowded and we had no more than 180 people. The dance floor will probably be small, but if it says they can hold 300 then I'm sure they will make it work! Tables might be pushed into the walls/corners and if you have a lot of people who like to dance then you might have a mob on the dance floor, but I'm sure people will still have a good time. Especially if it's a nice night and they can venture outside to cool down and get some fresh air!
  • Options
    We are having our wedding there in October. We are having a small wedding and I had the opposite concerns. However, Lindsay was so great in making suggestions as to how to set up the room to accomodate a small crowd and I am sure she will do the same to accomodate a large crowd. Also as Jaho had said, you do have that outside space with tables and chairs for people to spread out. I was just there last week and they painted the walls and put in new carpet and it really opened up the room a lot and made it look so much larger. Good luck with everything!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the input!  Lindsey is really great, and I am sure this has happened in the past where they have had that many in that room.  I hope that it works out just fine and that weather is nice where we can set tables outside in the patio area.  Its really hard to judge when you look at the place when its empty!  Good luck to you as well!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards