New Jersey
Options

Perona Farms Barn Wedding

Hi everyone!!  I am beginning the stages of planning....so the search for the venue begins.  I really love the Barn at Perona Farms.  we have not been yet, but I was hoping I could get some feedback from other Brides about this venue.

Re: Perona Farms Barn Wedding

• Options
    We looked at them for our wedding (I think this was the first venue we looked at, so it was a while back). From what I remember, I think they do up to two weddings at a time (I don't know if that matters to you).  The grounds were nice, and I've heard the food is good.

We had our wedding at Farmstead Golf and Country Club in Lafayette, they were kind of similar in feel, but we liked them better, and they only do one event at a time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Options
    We looked at the barn at Perona Farms and really liked it but ultimately did not end up going with them because I was worried about the room size (they max at 200 and we were inviting 230, even though I only expect 175 I still thought we may be cramped). I also was worried about holding the ceremony in the cocktail space if it rained (again, lack of room) and lastly there were a few not so great reviews on them that turned me off, but none were about the barn itself and I believe they were from a while back.

Good luck! It really is a neat and different space :)
  • Options
    I was there for a wedding last summer; the cocktail hour was good, food was good (though nothing incredible). I  wanted to like the venue, but the little lake/fountain/bridge that they show on the website is cut off from the main site by the main road through the town... that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Also, if you're getting your ceremony done there and have it outside, only a wall of shrubs separate you from the road, so it gets loud. I've seen some awesome photos taken there, though. All in all, I guess I expected more. My SO was in the wedding party and he had a lot of negative things to say...apparently the staff totally ignored the groomsmen prior to the start of the ceremony; they weren't given a room to get ready and hang out in OR drinks/champagne prior to the start of the ceremony. I heard the bride and the bridesmaids had a room and all of that, but he definitely was not a fan. I don't think I'd look at it myself, after hearing his side of things. But, as a guest, I had a great time!
  • Options
    silver0319silver0319 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
    I looked at Perona Falls last fall. My parents had been to a wedding there years ago and my mom raved about the food. When I went, I really wanted to like it but I had a bad experience with the catering salesperson. He seemed not to care about some very significant food allergy concerns I had, and basically told me that my relatives with gluten allergies didn't need to eat during cocktail hour. I had also come with a list of questions. The salesperson proceeded to reach across his desk and take them from me. The experience left me with a bad feeling.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards